The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler Change and the reason your TRD spoiler is not as light as you may think.

monsween

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understood it, a spoiler performed 2 functions. It literally "spoils" the flow of air to stop a negative pressure build up right behind the car, holding it back and to a lesser extent on road cars, providing downforce. Although, the later is much less relevant at normal road speeds. The effect we enjoy most is probably aesthetic.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day sir; Monsween Can I ask you a Q: How do you take the spolier off?

I had a look last nite, do you remove the boot plastic lining on the inside of the boot (does this pop off if you pull at it?)

I seen a rubber grommet either side of the boot lid, I assume these are something to do with removal?

Good day sir; Monsween Can I ask you a Q: How do you take the spolier off?

I had a look last nite, do you remove the boot plastic lining on the inside of the boot (does this pop off if you pull at it?)

I seen a rubber grommet either side of the boot lid, I assume these are something to do with removal?

All you need to do is remove that plastic cover and use an extension to get into the bolts.

Pretty easy to get into :)

What are you putting back on / taking off? The stock spoiler as a rubber bottom part that will seal as you tighten the bolts.

The blade edge has a small hairline crack allowing water ingress from some freeze thaw action over the winter ; so need to get it repaired.

Might take it off and give it to the bodyshop and plug the holes

Prefer it with the stock spoiler for sure.

In saying that, the TRD will look better with Ridox skirts as the have the squared off section too. Though OEM spoiler and Ridox skirts will be best.

Can't wait to see it :D

Make up your mind!!!

I think that with the diffuser, carbon section and eventually the carbon active spoiler, the TRD in carbon would be too much for the car and need the stock spoiler to settle it down a bit :)

My mind is made up! I just worded it poorly!

The TRD will look better on your car with Ridox skirts than it does without skirts.

However, the OEM spoiler option (skirts or not) will look better than either TRD option. :)

I see what you mean now :)

Beer o'clock tonight?