The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick wash before she goes to new home

tooquicktostop

What about the Envy Supra? It's almost there looks wise: http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2010/supra9.html

(A black paint job and some Reworking of the lairy interior could have a top car. I've been very tempted to throw all my savings at it recently! :D )

Also, Dunk was thinking of selling his black TRD, that would be a great starting point :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

What about the Envy Supra? It's almost there looks wise: http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2010/supra9.html

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/55c7ff0c.jpg

(A black paint job and some Reworking of the lairy interior could have a top car. I've been very tempted to throw all my savings at it recently! :D )

Also, Dunk was thinking of selling his black TRD, that would be a great starting point :)

Kevins car is probably the car that has impressed me the most on my trips to the Pod, watching it launch down the strip a few years ago made me realise just how much was possible with the Supra engine and how slow my single actually was !

However this has been for sale for ever now and as you say has very few creature comforts inside, I am also unsure about the engine build but thats just my opinion of course

It would need an interior, styling and a paint job, yes I am being fussy but I think I can afford to be with a good budget ready to go and the Supra price being as good as it every has been

Kevins car is probably the car that has impressed me the most on my trips to the Pod, watching it launch down the strip a few years ago made me realise just how much was possible with the Supra engine and how slow my single actually was !

However this has been for sale for ever now and as you say has very few creature comforts inside, I am also unsure about the engine build but thats just my opinion of course

It would need an interior, styling and a paint job, yes I am being fussy but I think I can afford to be with a good budget ready to go and the Supra price being as good as it every has been

For those reasons personally if I was in your position I would just build another supra, with LeeP and Ryan available the project would be in safe hands.

As you know I have thought of selling mine a few times, however I dread to buy another supra (especially a built one) where one has no idea of its true credentials. Better the devil you know; i've had mine since 2004 and know it inside out.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

For those reasons personally if I was in your position I would just build another supra, with LeeP and Ryan available the project would be in safe hands.

As you know I have thought of selling mine a few times, however I dread to buy another supra (especially a built one) where one has no idea of its true credentials. Better the devil you know; i've had mine since 2004 and know it inside out.

it comes down to cost. realistically if you dont mind me asking what has your cost with initial purchase then all the mods to get where you are now which is 600 hp isnt it ?

ive had tuned cars for 10 years and the only 1 i lost money on is the one i bought and tuned/repaired myself, buy the car you want at the spec you want as i can guarantee you can not build them as cheap as you can buy them, as long as you buy the right one thats the key.

it comes down to cost. realistically if you dont mind me asking what has your cost with initial purchase then all the mods to get where you are now which is 600 hp isnt it ?

ive had tuned cars for 10 years and the only 1 i lost money on is the one i bought and tuned/repaired myself, buy the car you want at the spec you want as i can guarantee you can not build them as cheap as you can buy them, as long as you buy the right one thats the key.

I didn't land with a 600bhp car on day 1, it was done in stages over years so the cost will probably not be the same (possibly more). tbh - I havent summed it all in fear of a heart attack :)

In short, I Agree with what you are saying however,

I will add to that, for me it comes down to trust.

Example, If LeeP / CW has worked on a car then I will take their word for it. If the car has a rebuilt engine that they have personally put together then I wouldn't hesitate going for that. I trust the guy and hence the car.

Anyone else's car especially companies that no longer exist AND cars that are imported are suspect as far as I am concerned - call me a sceptic.

Oh and Engine and uprated spec is just one part of the puzzle, the ongoing maintenance items for what are essentially 15yr+ old cars can be a money pit. Anyway, Dean is an experienced individual - he might agree with me or have a differing view, its upto him.

imi

I didn't land with a 600bhp car on day 1, it was done in stages over years so the cost will probably not be the same (possibly more). tbh - I havent summed it all in fear of a heart attack :)

In short, I Agree with what you are saying however,

I will add to that, for me it comes down to trust.

Example, If LeeP / CW has worked on a car then I will take their word for it. If the car has a rebuilt engine that they have personally put together then I wouldn't hesitate going for that. I trust the guy and hence the car.

Anyone else's car especially companies that no longer exist AND cars that are imported are suspect as far as I am concerned - call me a sceptic.

Oh and Engine and uprated spec is just one part of the puzzle, the ongoing maintenance items for what are essentially 15yr+ old cars can be a money pit. Anyway, Dean is an experienced individual - he might agree with me or have a differing view, its upto him.

imi

it is a difficult call, i had to make the choice with mine but so far (touch wood) aside from little niggles which i expected it is turning out all good.

whenever buying a high power second hand car it is always a gamble but if the build cost is over £60k and the car is under £30k its worth the punt, but im a mechanic and could do the work myself even engine rebuild if i needed to so not so dependant on tuners for everything.

on the other side of the coin there are lots of crap cars out there and swindler salesman so the head must rule over the heart.

From all the years i've been on here and read about single owners experiences then i'd say regardless of building your own or buying one already done, you should expect significant ongoing costs and just be thankful if you do not end up needing spend 'that' much.