The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My JZA80 coming back to life project

skippyboyo1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Looks like a good choice. There are a few "out there" wheels that just don't look right on a Supra - understated and practical is the way forward!

flocked interior looks sweet and the seats finish it off nicely with abit of colour. Would like to see this in person once finished. top work fella

Cheers guys,bigsup69 im hoping to have it finished and on the road in august so 100% will be doing the rounds to meet up with any members that may be out and about.

Bit of an update for you.

ive just booked the supra in for a full re-spray to freshen it up abit along with this im having oem sideskirts,rear spats and a plastic front lip spoiler fitted (when i get it from america),im also having the arches rolled to make room for my new wheels so its going over to the bodyshop on the 29th of this month and will be gone for 3 weeks or so.

ive done it backwards i know with putting the dash etc back in first but if im honest my plan was not to give the car a full re-spray however the guy whos doing it has promised he'll look after the car so thats good to know plus ive been over and seen some of his work now so im quet happy with my choice.got some droplinks to fit in the meantime which have arrived today and my carbon dash panels are due back latest monday so i can finaly finish the interior.

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

and started to fit the parts back into the car however when i got my clock surrounds back the guy had put chrome rings on by mistake,my thoughts straight away were they would not suit the look ive gone for but i tried them anyway and decided i liked them plain black so i had the chrome rings removed and then re-fitted.

carbon7.jpg

carbon8.jpg

carbon10.jpg

carbon6.jpg

carbon11.jpg

carbon13.jpg

carbon14.jpg

carbon12.jpg

so then i set about fitting the steering wheel,now i knew that id have to make adjustments but this job (with the help from the guy next door in the pic) took about 3 hours,i wont bore with the details but the spacing needed sorting as the stalks were too close to the wheel itself,with some small fabrication and a lot of swearing we managed to get it how i wanted it.

steering6.jpg

steering5.jpg

So apart from the arm rest and the kick plates the interior is almost finished,now its time start getting it ready for the body shop so its had a wash as it was much needed after being sat for 2 months and ive removed the rear wiper as its getting smoothed out.

wiper3.jpg

wiper1.jpg

wiper4.jpg

wiper2.jpg

carbon fibre and flocking looks awesome mate! Similar to what i have planned but alot more extreme! Love the fusion sub also.

cheers mate,ha i liked the fusion sub but it was rubbish so changed it! think ive put pic on the thread somewhere of the new set up :)

No rear wiper?! I don't know if I could deal without one lol

cheers mate,ha i liked the fusion sub but it was rubbish so changed it! think ive put pic on the thread somewhere of the new set up :)

Ah my bad, just had a quick gander at your pics tbh, will have a proper look when I have abit more time :p

The fusion subs and speakers etc look abit "out there" I do like them tho, maybe its just that green LOL

so its going for a full re-spray and here are a few pics of what need sorting,with all the "playing" on trackdays and road stuff the whole front end looks like its been shot blasted! bonnet,bumper wings everything! also 5 years ago i had the aerial removed,welded and filled.with time the filler has lifted.there are stress marks on the rear bumper and the roof has a dint so as i said its going for in for the whole works

spray1.jpg

spray10.jpg

spray9.jpg

spray3.jpg

spray4.jpg

spray8.jpg

No rear wiper?! I don't know if I could deal without one lol

Ah my bad, just had a quick gander at your pics tbh, will have a proper look when I have abit more time :p

The fusion subs and speakers etc look abit "out there" I do like them tho, maybe its just that green LOL

yeah i did away with them as the quality of the sound just wasnt good enough,you cant see the sub in my build just the amp