The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My JZA80 coming back to life project

skippyboyo1

So here are my parts that have come back,im well happy with the result! ive yet to mention the guy i used! long story short i called and emailed 6 companys from all around the uk for quotes and in the end i went with this guy i found on ebay,see the link.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flocked-Dash-Dashboard-Flocking-/130503499641?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e629d5f79

For all the parts you see in this pic was charged £275 ive asked him and he says mail service is available for £20 extra that inc delivery back to you....i didnt use this as hes only in york so i droped my parts in.

SDC11389.jpg

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so now its time to start putting it back together!.....this is where im upto today but got stopped in my tracks last night when i found out my new dash lights were blue! id asked for them to be done in white led's but mistakes happen and the guys been cool so im posting them back to him and ill crack on when they come back hopefuly next week....im yet to prep and paint the dash pannels so ill be getting on with that (pics gone on backwards so open right to left)

SDC11390.jpg

SDC11391.jpg

SDC11392.jpg

SDC11393.jpg

SDC11394.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The pics are uploading in the wrong order but im sure you get the gist anyway.

Right im still waiting for the sound system to come back from the flockers so thought id make a start on getting the power wire through the bulk head so i can get cracked on fitting when it gets back.

I decided to route the power wire from the battery through the offside wheel arch through the gromit and straight into the rear,i hate untidy wiring so tucked it up nice and tidy,also i made the hole in the gromit to small to get a real tight fit and also sealed it up with liquid nails.it comes though right next to the ecu so i just wanted to be 100% it wouldnt let in water.

system4.jpg

system2.jpg

system3.jpg

system1.jpg

And fitted the door cards,first i had to put them back together.I had to bond the speakers back in which was tricky.i could have just glued them but as uve hopefully worked out i dont do bodge jobs.As standard the speaker covers are plastic spot welded so when i removed them they had to be snapped out (not as harsh as it sounds)

dorcards.jpg

dorcards2.jpg

doorcards10.jpg

doorcards9.jpg

doorcards6.jpg

doorcards5.jpg

doorcards8.jpg

doorcards2.jpg

doorcards1.jpg

doorcards3.jpg

My parts came back this week from having the Led's fitted again (sent them off and got them back in blue,they looked rubbish in my opinion) got them back in ice white now as i requested,im yet to try them but i will post pics when i do.so ive fitted the clocks and also fitted the dash pannel that fits under the stering colum that the bonet release fixes on to.

SDC11441.jpg

So thought id crack on with preping and painting my dash panels,what a job! first i had to remove the rubber coating that comes on them as standard i used IPA to do this which helped but was time consuming. (pics have gone on bacwards again!,going from right to left...just removed from car,striped down and then applying IPA)

skip1.jpg

skip2.jpg

skip3.jpg

skip4.jpg

ALL DAY? I'm just about to start tackling this same dash binacle stripping / painting job - sounds like a lot of graft!

Your whole build thread is ace, by the way - the flocked dash, etc all looks ace. Well done!

I then sprayed them with plastic primer and let it go off for 24 hours then it was time for paint,ive stuck to my guns with this as i said i would,a few people said gloss black might be a bad idea due to glare but im sure it will be fine plus im blacking the back windows out later on so that will help if there is any glare.

skip7.jpg

skip8.jpg

skip9.jpg

skip10.jpg

skip11.jpg

I let the paint go off for another 24 hours and then flatted it off,ive now clear coated all the parts but im going to let it harden for a good 4 or 5 days before i Tcut and polish the parts up before fitting,i just want to make sure the clear coat goes rock hard before fitting so i cant mark anything. (will post pics as usual when its done)

Next time i post ill be fitting the panels/instruments/carpet and then the sound system

rubdown.jpg

very nice indeed.

Cheers

ALL DAY? I'm just about to start tackling this same dash binacle stripping / painting job - sounds like a lot of graft!

Your whole build thread is ace, by the way - the flocked dash, etc all looks ace. Well done!

My theory with this re-build is im going to do it right,the whole day was me just being picky with little imperfections.ive never painted before so if i can do it anyone can!

Looking good bud - liking the flocking!

I was going to have it trimed im leather sooooo glad i didnt.ill get better pics when its finished.

Looks great mate, wanted to do this to mine

Would recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

so its time to put the carpet and system in,i knew id made the system fit tight over the back seats and side panels to get the tightest fit i could so cutting the carpet was always the plan however i wasnt sure how i was going to get it to look neat up against the soundsystem base.i ended up bonding the carpet to the floor and then up tight to the system,using the excess carpet id cut off i shaved the material off and mixed this in with the bond...in these pics the carpet has not yet been hoovered. (pics right to left)

carpetin2.jpg

carpetin3.jpg

carpet5.jpg