The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My JZA80 coming back to life project

skippyboyo1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few choice words with myself and then cracked back on,no point crying over spilt milk and all that....yes id customised the system base around the fusion set up and even tested it before the whole sound system build began but it sounded so much worse when i got it all bolted in but its nothing i couldnt fix.After speaking with another member who knows about sound system set ups he gave me some fantastic advice and i decided to go for the JBL amp and JL audio 12" sub.

newinstall.jpg

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

If im honest with wanting to get the system re-designed i didnt take many photos! oooops! [OOPS][/OOPS] however i had to make some changes to make it fit,the fusion 12" sub was a totaly different fitment to the new one so i had to make some slight changes to that and due to me cutting a reses out for the amp i had to totaly re-do the top layer and get it flocked again! anyway its finished and im real happy with the results! the sound quality is fantastic so in the long run im glad i changed the set up.the photos dont look half as good as it does in the flesh,the flock does not agree with the camera i dont think.i just need to carpet a few bits then im about there.

Next up lowering,dash pannels fitted along with seats middle armrest and harnesses. Lol daves just give the game away..yes yes i changed my mind on the dash pannels and gone for carbon.will explain all when i fit them ;)

newinstall1.jpg

new install4.jpg

newinstall5.jpg

newinstall6.jpg

newinstall7.jpg

After weeks of research i decided on the following Tein lowering springs,in my opinion the standard suspension was more than up to the job but i wanted to go a little lower,i 100% did not want it "slamming" i just wanted a small drop.i wanted a lowering spring that would work with the standard shock plus im having rear spats,side skirts and a front lip fitting soon along with new wheels so visualy it will look lower anyway.

shockbox.jpg

Whats the durability of the flocked dash?

Had lots of pms about that,real hard wearing by the looks of it,obviously ive not lived with it yet but when fitting it didnt mark as easy as i thought it might.the guy at the flockers said he did his wheels and they lasted 10k!!! also when i was there people were having steering wheels covered all of which give me confidence in it.ive had my foot rest covered too so that will be key to testing just how durable it is.

Had lots of pms about that,real hard wearing by the looks of it,obviously ive not lived with it yet but when fitting it didnt mark as easy as i thought it might.the guy at the flockers said he did his wheels and they lasted 10k!!! also when i was there people were having steering wheels covered all of which give me confidence in it.ive had my foot rest covered too so that will be key to testing just how durable it is.

thanks for the reply, it does look really nice.

and fitted my omex shift light,i used the wiring diagram from the GS300 to find out how i could wire it up to the ecu but changed my mind and wired it up to the clocks.The instructions said to take it from the distributor cap but i didnt want to risk water getting in.i mounted the control box in the drivers foot well so i can make small adustments easily if needed

shiftlight1.jpg

shiftlight2.jpg

shiftlight5.jpg

shiftlight4.jpg