Guest Nova_SR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nova_SR

Yeah sorry, obviously a 125 BHP Saxo isn't going to beat a ~200 BHP, I didn't know what the N/A's were putting out when I posted that.

Guest Nova_SR
Now look what youve started, these na chaps are sensitive guys and most use moisturiser after shaving so tread carefully :D

I best not tell them about how I intend to hunt me some N/A Supra's when my modified engine goes in? :lol:

Guest Nova_SR
oooo i love build threads :D,

1.6 16v novas are still nice cars, there Ruined when 17 year old lads thrash them around and dont look after them.

But you Sounds like you lova ya car :D Awesome!

I used to love Nova's but they're hard work, and rust a lot, I'm already contemplating selling it but if I do it'll be hard to get another one as the prices of Nova's has shot up over the past few months, this is partially why I would love a Supra, its a decent car plenty of power, still looks good and is (probably) reliable.

I can post the full build thread if anyone wants to see it and I'm allowed.

Welcome Matey... and Ive got more for you dnk

For the record

Saxo VTS SE 135bhp = 146 bhp/tonne (with power socks installed dnk) :jester:

Supra N/A 220bhp = 160 bhp/tonne

Thus (it would be close, buy a TT) :D

scotty

It would be close...until the saxo understeers into the first corner and comes off the road. I have a saxo vtr as a runabout, good on fuel, but handling is bad and build quality is crap. :) I can't see a stock'ish saxo keeping up with any stock supra to be honest.

Edit: How rude of me, Welcome by the way Andrew.

Edited by tomgeer
Forgot my manners (see edit history)

Welcome to the club

As an N/A driver in a seaside town, I can say That No Saxo has ever come close to keeping up with my N/A,

unless the wifes in the car as she tells me off before I even put my foot down. She knows me to well after all these years:innocent:

:lol: that was a joke mate.

;)

Welcome Matey... and Ive got more for you dnk

For the record

Saxo VTS SE 135bhp = 146 bhp/tonne (with power socks installed dnk) :jester:

Supra N/A 220bhp = 160 bhp/tonne

Thus (it would be close, buy a TT) :D

scotty

A Saxo with a power sock is a quick bit of kit ;) i reckon i'd have to have at least stock boost to see one off :D

Guest Nova_SR
It would be close...until the saxo understeers into the first corner and comes off the road. I have a saxo vtr as a runabout, good on fuel, but handling is bad and build quality is crap. :) I can't see a stock'ish saxo keeping up with any stock supra to be honest.

Edit: How rude of me, Welcome by the way Andrew.

I was always told Saxo's handled well :lol: obviously not as well as a RWD car, I once drove a Vauxhall Chevette back from Liverpool to Co.Durham and as I've only ever driven FWD cars (Nova's, Micra's and a large range of modern Vauxhall's) RWD was a shock to me and my god I loved it, til the head gasket popped and I didn't make it in to work, ah well.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the club

As an N/A driver in a seaside town, I can say That No Saxo has ever come close to keeping up with my N/A,

unless the wifes in the car as she tells me off before I even put my foot down. She knows me to well after all these years:innocent:

That's good to hear as I may have to start out with an N/A and work my way up to a single turbo (big one at that) I intend to look for a thread debating which is better, single or twin turbo if someone would be kind enough to link me? I've read a little bit about them on google so far but need to know more :D

Oh would anyone consider a swap, my Nova for an N/A manual Supra? There's a hot chick I know that loves them too :sex: and I'd like to impress her with it :sex:, Nova's just don't impress the ladies, only young lads :( I'll include the Nova and all performance bits, totals to over £2000 I think I worked it out to just over £2500 last time I thought about it.

Guest Nova_SR
i used to have a nova back in the day F reg GTE in Black metallic with digital dash and 18" wheels..

it used to impress the ladies back in the day ;-) (loved that car).

Haha times change mate, the ladies want a more sophisticated car now a days.

That's good to hear as I may have to start out with an N/A and work my way up to a single turbo (big one at that) I intend to look for a thread debating which is better, single or twin turbo if someone would be kind enough to link me? I've read a little bit about them on google so far but need to know more :D

A Single turbo supra (depending on turbo) can be a totally beast! how does 1,000bhp+ sound?

Twin's you are limited to roughly 400ish BHP, Unless you go after market or Hybrid turbo's.

For the single turbo supra you need to have deep pockets!!! ;)

Guest Nova_SR
A Single turbo supra (depending on turbo) can be a totally beast! how does 1,000bhp+ sound?

Twin's you are limited to roughly 400ish BHP, Unless you go after market or Hybrid turbo's.

For the single turbo supra you need to have deep pockets!!! ;)

Yeah apparently there is a Supra in the Northallerton area that has been to Motoscope with approx 1000 BHP, as much as I'd love to have a Supra with that power, I would kill myself, start small and work your way up when it comes to cars in my opinion.

You have the right attitude fella, good luck on your serach :)

I had a Nova SR back when they were a fairly new car (showing my age!), G reg in dark grey, used to think it was a rocket, but at 17 anything does :D

Thanks, I'm a proper petrol head (just lack knowledge on anything non Vauxhall haha :( ) and I'd love a RWD sporty car, was thinking BMW for a while but people who drive BMW's are given a bad name for some reason :lol: I've never experienced a Supra yet either so cant really say why I'm drawn to them except for the way they look, beautiful cars considering they're fairly old now.