The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Fast Five" Meet Cinema/meal (Midlands) - Sat 23rd April 2011

scotty71

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan is to fund up to a certain value for a block booking of tickets. The expectation is then that members get a free ticket, and non members are asked to make a donation towards the Red Cross Japanese disaster fund. I am funding just 3 locations and it is a birthday treat from the club to all of you. So if you plan on booking i would get a wriggle on. Negeotiate the best per seat price you can get and let me know what it is and we can work out how many tickets are possible.

The plan is to fund up to a certain value for a block booking of tickets. The expectation is then that members get a free ticket, and non members are asked to make a donation towards the Red Cross Japanese disaster fund. I am funding just 3 locations and it is a birthday treat from the club to all of you. So if you plan on booking i would get a wriggle on. Negeotiate the best per seat price you can get and let me know what it is and we can work out how many tickets are possible.

How are you guys managing to negotiate ticket prices? My local odeon wont even confirm they are definitely getting the film, not to mention a date and time it will be shown or ticket prices. It's making things rather difficult to "organize".

I have contacted the Odeon in Derby and as above UGP they cannot give me dates and times of when it will be showing and as of yet does not appear on their coming soon list. There are not many coming too ours so far so negotiating a special price with the amount involved seems slim. The only way I would see this working is to open it up to other car clubs and like the boss said above try and get a special rate and non members make a donation to the Japanese Appeal. Not long to act as it is meant to screen in two and a half weeks time.

Other option is to just get a the number of members who want to go and I can block book a bunch of tickets. No point wasting money if lots of people dont want to go.

I will move on this and put a deadline of attendance in the thread so we know numbers and cost :)

why would you want to be paid

Well that's a silly question, I like being paid! Gives me more money to spend. :D

To be honest I'm somewhat put off by the little catfight that you had with Josh on one of these threads (and the threat of a public bumming display :blink: ) so I'll wait until after the dyno meet before making a decision - I may just head home after the BDC.