The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got insurance

evinX

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shopping around. I am yet to find a "compare the fatcat" site that will actually give me a decent quote. It's best to let your fingers do the walking and spend a day calling places when looking to spend THAT amount of money on a years insurance.

It may well be that it is the best quote you will get, I would be expecting at least 1k less than that though.

Limit the miles, get it fully comp (cheaper due to type of car I think) and have a cat1 alarm on it (if you don't already).

Well that one went down quick, they tried to charge me more!

So called sky, got a cheap quote with all mods declared and took that! big thanks to sky! £578 deposit, followed by 10 payments of £197

Did you phone around before accepting that? Still seems 'sky' high to me.

Last time i checked it, i got quoted cheaper on a bpu tt than a 1.9 tdi golf and 1.4 306!

£1800 FC for the surpa, and im 21 with 0 NCB...If only i had the cash to afford the car! :p

Insurance for my Golf 1.9TDi is the same as a 3 litre petrol twin turbo. Seems crazy! I reckon it's the risk, like the amount of 22 year old males that crash in Golfs compared with how many 22 year old males crash in Supras so the risk goes down.

I would be shopping around. I am yet to find a "compare the fatcat" site that will actually give me a decent quote. It's best to let your fingers do the walking and spend a day calling places when looking to spend THAT amount of money on a years insurance.

I've used "Parkers Compare" in the past and had some very fair quotes from them, 2 years running in fact. Scott is right though, you should have tried every possible avenue first before excepting a quote of 2.5k !! And if you did do that, then i hate to see how high the other quotes were lol.

Im happy with it, ive done a fair share of quotes, sky told me theres another company that will do it for £200 cheaper, but i stuck with sky becuase of the the club, they know their imports and seem like a good company to go with who specialize in import/modified supes, service was friendly to, some companys i ring just dont seem bothered then come out with a stupid stupid quote...lol, sky!!!:D

Oh that sounds great. I haven't (and can't be bothered) to look else where so you sound as if you've got the best deal for me. :)

Excellent. I cant actually be bothered to post your MOT certificate or tax disc to you though. Will you still give me the money? If you can be bothered of course. And so long as you are not too stupid to look elsewhere.

Excellent. I cant actually be bothered to post your MOT certificate or tax disc to you though. Will you still give me the money? If you can be bothered of course. And so long as you are not too stupid to look elsewhere.

Life is just so hectic at the mo and I'm tired of even thinking about looking elsewhere. Cheque is in the post for you. :)

Also - have added £50 for your trouble.

Rob stop being a pleb head, the price i got is fine for a 20year old, cheaper than i expected...least i get to drive mine....

unlike YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/cartoons/wallpapers/family-guy-evil-monkey.jpg

Kev please put us out of our misery and stop the speculation, please tell us that you got quotes from everywhere and everyone before accepting this price? Maybe that's what it costs to insure a NA at your age and in your location etc nowadays.

Rob, I could get my MOT and Tax £200 cheaper than you are offering but as you are the club MOTer I will go with you, hope that's ok?

Rob stop being a pleb head, the price i got is fine for a 20year old, cheaper than i expected...least i get to drive mine....

Have to say we live only about 12 miles from Kev and my 20yr old daughter is paying £600 for cover on her 1.2 4 dr Punto so maybe this is a high area for young people to get cover.

i 100% think you can get insurance cheaper than that, but if your willing to pay it thats upto you:p