The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed

shaz2010

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B0ll0cks!!!! Its amazing how much 'oil' and 'diesel' there is on roundabouts these days!!

I was driving up the A1 a few days back and was shocked how much spillage was on the roads - pretty much all of it was on roundabouts too. Granted it's a well-heeled excuse for twatting a car, but there's probably a sliver of truth in there somewhere.

In this case, I'm doubting it massively!!!

Count me in with the doubters! Though I also don't doubt that there is indeed a lot of shit on the UK roads (I'd eat my dinner off most roads in Japan, however...), I never once had the back step out. Yes, it was an NA and yes, I drive like an old woman, but I really think that it's driver error here. I only ever read about these "oil spills" on sports car forums, usually with relatively new drivers or friends of friends...

Count me in with the doubters! Though I also don't doubt that there is indeed a lot of $#@! on the UK roads (I'd eat my dinner off most roads in Japan, however...), I never once had the back step out. Yes, it was an NA and yes, I drive like an old woman, but I really think that it's driver error here. I only ever read about these "oil spills" on sports car forums, usually with relatively new drivers or friends of friends...

Indeed! And this was on a mini roundabout! I remember when I 'lost' my back-end on a mini roundabout and broke a wheel and that was because it was MY FAULT! It's called taking responsibility for your actions, something that this society is less and less inclined to do. OP - your brother should grow a pair, man up and accept that he buried the throttle, lost control and managed to knacker 2 wheels and a load of suspension bits because of it and you need to grow a pair, tell him so and get him to pay for it. He didn't care because it wasn't his car. You need some speed on a MINI roundabout to do that much damage.

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

Am going to add my 2 cents here... I am driving my own car (aggressively tuned "low boost" 600hp at 20 psi on pretty bald & hard rear 295 tyres from when I left Aus in 2009) and it was bucketing down rain here in Canberra - where it is renowned for being greasy when it rains. I turned an off-camber and inclined (i.e. hill) corner in 2nd gear at about 25 mph and felt the back end slide. I got out of the throttle progressively and it straightened out.

That was it.

No wreck, no spin, no tears. Just a reminder to watch my speed and steering inputs.

Ellis is 100% right. Don't let your brother walk away from paying the bills.

A few months ago there were a few cars spinning out of control on a corner by my mum's office and also a motorcyclist that slid off his bike into the railings injuring himself. Someone said there was diesel in the road and after checking CCTV of the night before, there were a few people that pulled up in jap cars, spilt diesel all over the road and were drifting round the corner in the middle of the night.

I very much doubt it was done on purpose in this instance but just saying it can happen.

Didn't see the bottom half of nics pic , http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=31214&d=1142610540

It's the two rods in this pic.

These are full Toyota part numbers for the 2 parts shown in the link.

48710-14110 Toyota Rear Arm Assembly - same part number left and right

48780-14030 Toyota Rear Lower Link - same part number left and right

I'd be having a serious good look at the hub where these parts fit, infact i think i'd be buying a new one or at least a second hand one from Keron perhaps.

Its a casting and can suffer from invisible cracks which could fail, the consequenses don't bare thinking about. Especially where the track control arm fits.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! Hi to all who commented on my post ive had some time to sort out the damage on the car, replaced the to rods that were bent and got the wheel down picked up some standard supra alloys just for now until get some new ones and wen the jacks were off the wheel is sitting slightly in,so hopefully wen i get a hub it will sit in line.. its only sitting in a little a dunno if havin it jacked up so long will have a effect on it ? maybe i should drive it half a mile to see if it moves back ? :(