The mkiv Supra Owners Club

everyday or weekend car?

Guest wantthatone

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i'm home i use the supra only! go through about 40quid a day in fuel he-he! have a 2001 vectra that i use for the beater and brought it to Germany to save fuel! only the problem is i hate the vectra and i mean HATE!!! miss my astra coupe turbo and only used a little bit more fuel than the vectra 1.8 16v that i have here!

Guest wantthatone
Daily driver for me. I clock up around 350 miles a week and love it.
same here, & all of them effortless.

when you guys bought your supras, was it on the understanding they would be toys? or you realised how expensive & chose that way??

Was my daily driver until my job changed after christmas now I drive it up to 400 miles a week. My last Supra was daily driver as well. In my eyes cars are made to drive and I know from experiance its not always best to keep them couped up all the time. I suppose a weekend car is a good compromise though.

Wahoo just realisd I've made my 100 post (not bad in 6 years!!!!)

Guest wantthatone
Daily driver for me. If i ever manage to sell the house im getting one with a garage and buying a cheap runner to keep the Supra good.

to true, lol

Mine was bought as a toy but it ended up getting used everyday & the lpg Alfa that was supposed to be my daily never moved. When it comes back as a single I don't know if the same will happen again as the Alfa was quite fun but has now been replaced with a Disco which won't even save fuel over the Aristo even when singled.