The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To flock or not to flock ?

Dnk

I can see why some would like alcantara more than flocking. The thing that puts me off alcantara is that it marks where you touch it.

If I went with alcantara interior I think I'd develop OCD and have to clean the dash by brushing it all in the same direction!! :p

I can see why some would like alcantara more than flocking. The thing that puts me off alcantara is that it marks where you touch it.

If I went with alcantara interior I think I'd develop OCD and have to clean the dash by brushing it all in the same direction!! :p

Same here, I'd love to get it down though :p

its not the dash but some nice work here

http://www.floridagerman.com/forums/showthread.php?11692-Updating-the-Supra-Interior-with-Custom-Interior-Work-by-Titan-Motorsports

not a fan of flocking myself but alcantara looks beter imo

That first one is really nice! I keep thinking I want to modernise the interior, but I couldn't think how. I think that one has hit the nail on the head!

If you go the leather or Alcantara route on the main dash then i think you have to do the door

cards as well and possibly the plastics round the rear seats.

Yeah it'd have to be the same throughout, which would get pricey. It'd be a nice result though :)

That first one is really nice! I keep thinking I want to modernise the interior, but I couldn't think how. I think that one has hit the nail on the head!

glad you like it, go for it! :)

I plan on having somthing like that done to mine at a later date after some work i have planed i think it can really bring the interior alive if done subtle enough to look oem yet modern at the same time.

glad you like it, go for it! :)

I plan on having somthing like that done to mine at a later date after some work i have planed i think it can really bring the interior alive if done subtle enough to look oem yet modern at the same time.

That is exactly what I want for my interior. Not lary multicoloured dash panels or sparkly bits. Just modern and tidy.

Ideally I'd like to keep the same shape of the main dash, but redesign all the panels you look at. For example, a lot of the push buttons that operate the aircon could be replaced by one rotary switch, like in modern cars (or an electronic gizmo in really modern cars, but I'm not that clever). And incorporate whatever aftermarket gauges I have at the time into the dash so they look like standard dials instead of being on A-pillars or where the top glove box should be etc.

I like things neat :)

Anyway... back on topic:

I really shouldn't be considering this :blink:

Do it! You know you'll love it. Even if your bank balance doesn't!

I went round to Blueangel's (Riks) place on Sunday and was very impressed with the flocking he'd had done. It looked better than some ive seen pics of and in my opinion didn't look cheap at all.

Im just contemplating doing everything now ( main dash, instrument panels, center console, door cards and all the plastics round the back seats and boot area. My toughest choice now is do i break up the black with a splash of colour ?

I went round to Blueangel's (Riks) place on Sunday and was very impressed with the flocking he'd had done. It looked better than some ive seen pics of and in my opinion didn't look cheap at all.

Im just contemplating doing everything now ( main dash, instrument panels, center console, door cards and all the plastics round the back seats and boot area. My toughest choice now is do i break up the black with a splash of colour ?

I think it would be good to break it up with something, what about the earlier sugguestion of a glossy black Dunk?

I think it would be good to break it up with something, what about the earlier sugguestion of a glossy black Dunk?

Im not a fan of painted dash's so thats a non starter for me.

Black and red interior will look nice in a black car :)

+1. Re-trimmed black dash with red seats would look amazing.

My seats will be staying black as they were retrimmed not so long ago so all im doing is what i mentioned earlier, maybe the seat plastics round the bases as well