The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hey people

racestyle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An NA-T conversion is most definitely not the same as going single turbo with the TT engine as the start point, I'd make sure to change the gearbox from the W58 (5 speed) to a Getrag V160/V161 6 speed if you want to take the power to 400 or above as the W58 won't handle it for very long. :)

Congrats, however :)

Then I'm guessing you'd be ok upping the boost, they are a reputable trader on here so I doubt they'd have done an NA-T conversion without all supporting mods.

More power here you come!

I wouldn't assume anything and a phone call is much cheaper than melted pistons or a blown gearbox ;)

I wouldn't assume anything and a phone call is much cheaper than melted pistons or a blown gearbox ;)

Indeed, definitely a call first but I'd assume the outcome of the call will be that he'll be able to up the power.

We shall see. I'm sort of excited to find out now :D

Then I'm guessing you'd be ok upping the boost, they are a reputable trader on here so I doubt they'd have done an NA-T conversion without all supporting mods.

It's not as simple as just upping the boost, there's the higher compression ratio of the 2JZ-GE to consider - is the engine running stock internals, head gasket, etc. - what will the fueling support and what boost has it been mapped to. Upping the boost could easily cause an expensive :bang:

It's not as simple as just upping the boost, there's the higher compression ratio of the 2JZ-GE to consider - is the engine running stock internals, head gasket, etc. - what will the fueling support and what boost has it been mapped to. Upping the boost could easily cause an expensive :bang:

I know, just saying if it was built by Whifbitz then it should have all the supporting mods to allow it.

I wasn't saying to just up it and see :D

I know, just saying if it was built by Whifbitz then it should have all the supporting mods to allow it.

Not if the previous owner didn't want or couldn't afford them. I'm 100% sure Paul would have clearly explained the limitations of such a build, but I don't think it would have stopped him going ahead with the work.

• 3 months later...