The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the story so far...2jz-ge to 1uz-fe v8...

rxv8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so yesterday being tuesday,we got the subframe bolted back up as gives more clearance for dropping in the v8...then bolted the rear craddle up for the auto soarer box,sent the s/prop of to have the rear shortened...i also fitted the soarer rad as it was a lot bigger and someone had changed it for a metal one at some stage,im going to run dual electric fans for cooling,all thats left now is cut down my rsr exhaust and make a y pipe,fit the prop(but thats going to be 10 days)wire up,get the power steering pipes made and a few other bits and bobs...

lol...you know the score swampy...i am using the stock soarer headers,and even though they are small,there still tubular...unlike the ls400 log manifolds...from the manifolds i have 3" decats in to a 3" y pipe and in to the rsr exhausty...so that should be loud enough for most people...

linden...dont be so negative...lol...300 odd hp and torque is going to be plenty of fun,and you can save money on a stereo as it plays a wicked sound track...

If you make it all sound too appealing they'll be loads on the go and the exclusivity will be lost and they'll just turn into another Supra clitoris. :D

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

agree but its NOT an easy swap...its one thing to write here about it...but its def another thing to do it...if you want big power then its 1jz or 2jz all the way...i just like a v8 or 2...lol...

You'll will be surprised what power the stock 1uz-fe engine can make when you introduce it to a big turbo and a Cadbury's (to quote Dave Rowe), ask Fearless :D

My Conversion has been held up massively at the moment due to City Link losing a Flex plate and stock clutch i sent a flywheel manufacture to make a flywheel that bolts to the 1uz, uses a supra clutch fitment and works with the TTC adapter plates.

Im so pissed with them as i cant find another flex plate to send them so they can copy the ring gear!

ARHHHH!!!!

I dont want to have to buy another engine just for a flex plate!

My Conversion has been held up massively at the moment due to City Link losing a Flex plate and stock clutch i sent a flywheel manufacture to make a flywheel that bolts to the 1uz, uses a supra clutch fitment and works with the TTC adapter plates.

Im so pissed with them as i cant find another flex plate to send them so they can copy the ring gear!

ARHHHH!!!!

I dont want to have to buy another engine just for a flex plate!

You're joking?

FFS! Surely they're going to have to crack out the cash to buy you a new one then?

ARHHHH!!!!

I don't want to have to buy another engine just for a flex plate!

Two words, Roger Smith. Sounds like your requiements and Ed's are the same :D