The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit random this Rob, but did you find any vids of 500-600bhp auto single's that weren't posted in your other thread?

Nope but i have read about some decent numbers from stock auto box single's. ADD got 566bhp, whifbitz have built a few tasty ones, lui's supra and i believe jamesy got good figures when changing to stock box. No idea what mine will make but if i got anywhere near ADD's figures i would be very very happy

This build is insane rob :p

If you ever decide you need to get rid and buy a different car don't bother selling it just package the car up and send it to these guys :D

http://www.cashforyourgold.co.uk/

Its strange seeing this work on a car but its not uncommon on a custom bike, by me trying things out on mine, its helping my tiny gold business grow.

But yeah cashforyourgold will have a nice suprise lol, FMIC pendant.

You may have mentioned this somewhere else in the thread Rob, but have you got a rough idea of a finish date for this little gem? Any ideas as to which show and shine you will enter it in for its debut?

Well Lee is going to try and get it ready in april, the debut might be BHP Show at Lydden Hill. Should start to see her coming together slowly over the next month, im very proud of what i have created so far.

Baldy got a friend of his to drop a old bonnet of mine back to me today. I quickly mucked about with it but i want to get a template made from some thin ply wood, then ill get the stainless cut. Im in two minds of having 3 centre plates or just 1 big centre plate. i have a little idea for the side bits but i want the main bit sorted first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=147901&stc=1&d=1331229515

attachment.php?attachmentid=147902&stc=1&d=1331229515

2012-03-08 16.45.33.jpg

2012-03-08 16.46.08.jpg

One big plate over the center section like you have cut there, and another plate for each side ftw, make me a set an all Rob.

Yeah thats what i think ill go with Jamie. The only tiny confussion is how im going to mount it as the centre stenghening bars stand slightly proud, i might get gold rivetts to attach it to the frame. Not sure yet! ill soon know when i make it out of ply wood first

Very small self tappers, dont worry about any mounting holes in mine, would rather mount it myself :)

Ill get this one done first mate, then go from there, wont take long once i have done 1.

Just silicone it on Rob :) Use tiger seal or sikaflex, it will never fall off and will look a lot neater! Or failing that dzus fasteners?

Mate i did think about sikaflex as nothing would hold it up better than that stuff. Hopefully ill get the template all done tomorrow as i have a nice day on.