The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I turned my drive into an ice rink - is anyone else this clever?

Havard

Trickle charger will be here tomorrow. Just had a look under the cover and it's nice and clean with a bit of ice on it..!!

She had a coat of HD wax a couple of weeks ago so she'll be fine until the New Year.

H.

Now just get a cheapo set of 17's to put on and bring the goodies indoors.

Have you set up a camera to catch people when slipping.

No..!!

It'll charge up just as well ticking over for an hour or so, or on the battery charger sounds like a lot of aggro for a trip round the block to me :) So let's see a video of you skating round the garden then ;)

My 7 year old fell this morning and the wife is not pleased. "You shouldn't have washed that car" she said with a mean look..!!

Also the car was on fumes so I had to go and put half a tank in anyway. I was between a rock and a hard place to be honest. Maybe I am trying to hard to keep this car immaculate.

H.

As my garage blocks all sunlight onto my drive, even after the rain saturday night i still had snow up to your ankle on my drive way. I had not had the car out since last Saturday as I didnt want to risk it, but yesterday i moved outta my house so I had to give her a drive.

I filled the car up first (which was a mistake as If she got stuck i would have just had to take everything out again) and preceeded to reverse out of the garage, all going well so far as i havnt got stuck. I turned the wheel and i hit a bit of black ice at exactly the same time, so the car started sliding side ways towards to wall at a very slow speed... oh dear here we go, i knew it was a mistake.... luckily she stopped before the wall.

5 kettles of hot water, 15mins of brushing snow and 20mins of shoveling I managed to slide her down the drive and get her out by sliding forwards and backwards about 20times.

Must have done 2 lines on the petrol gauge revving the hell out of her and a nice smell of rubber as well. Was a lot of fun though :D Would have been different story if i got stuck sideways on my drive.

I'd have done nothing, and used the trickle charger when it arrives tomorrow. :) Let the CTEK play with your battery for 12-15 hours and you'll have a strong crank.

I didn't know a car's battery could be charged by letting it idle stationary. I tried that once on my supra (when I had a weak battery): left it running in the garage for about 30 mins, but the battery was flat a couple of days later.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

I did much the same thing,

I got a new Karcher 3.550 yesterday, (£152.99 Halfords sale) and well both cars were filthy as we drive them everyday.

Of course I had to try out the new toy, much to the enjoyment of my neighbours, unfortunately we live on a hill and the water ran off the end of the drive and down the road:innocent:

Anyway I gave up on the thought of drying it, as the water had started freezing on the roof etc, the same as yours.

Problem came this morning, when we had had a particularly hard frost and with the power of the Jetwash from the night before, the water had got into the door seals, so I spent 25 mins getting into my wifes car and then mine.

O well at least they were clean for the first couple of miles to work today:D