The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Latest reply

Dnk

Edit, (totally irrelevant post now, funny I could not see any of the posts made to day, until I posted)

Any vehicle used in this country for more than six months in any 12 has to be registered and licensed here in the normal way with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). In addition, where the keeper of the vehicle becomes resident in this country, the vehicle must immediately be registered and licensed here. Once a vehicle has been registered in this country its use must be covered by a motor insurance policy issued by a motor insurer authorised in the UK.

From http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Motorinsurance/DG_067628

French motor policies are not authorised in the UK.

Axa is a French company with subsidiaries over here.

Still sounds a bit dodgy though, a few friends present could be a very wise move if this goes ahead.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Any vehicle used in this country for more than six months in any 12 has to be registered and licensed here in the normal way with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). In addition, where the keeper of the vehicle becomes resident in this country, the vehicle must immediately be registered and licensed here. Once a vehicle has been registered in this country its use must be covered by a motor insurance policy issued by a motor insurer authorised in the UK.

From http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Motorinsurance/DG_067628

French motor policies are not authorised in the UK.

Thanks for the info, the plot thickens a little.

The guy who was emailing me said he's French but lives here in the UK, he didnt imply or say he was exporting the car out of the country, every email just seemed strange and almost like he'd not read my sales advert, this was via Piston Heads and not on here.

This pretty much the emails to and from, mine in bold txt

hi

still available??

got origins parts?

cheers

Yes its still for sale

not sure what you mean by origins parts

Origins bumper , spoiler etc....

When r u available 4 a view

Im from kingston

I dont have any original body parts, they were sold when the TRD widebody kit was fitted.

The car can be viewed from wednesday onwards but i'll need a couple of hours notice so if you could call me when your on route then that would be good.

The car can be viewed 5 mins from J3 on the M42

My mob is 07970 733159

Great

But if everything is ok i can back

With?

Any bills? History...

How much r u paid for ur insurance car?

Cause i need a copy of v5 for my insurance.

Uk spec? Owners?

The car would not be going anywhere unless you paid cash into my bank account.

My insurance is very cheap and is under £350

All the info you need is in the advert

I understand what you mean Ive £ 6,000 in bank check and the rest in cash. But my insurance needs of the chassis number of the above and the date of registration that it.

Without it cant ve a insurance car

Cheers

If you have some cash and the rest is a cheque then the cheque would need to be cleared funds in my account before i'd release the car, that normally takes 3-5 working days.

You dont need a chassis number to insure a car, just the registration number

I need chassis number and registration cause im french and live in uk

And ve french insurance car

So can ve all in cash if u like?!

The only way i see this working is

You come to view the car and get here around midday, bring £13,000 cash with you then if we agree a deal we can go to my local bank and pay the cash into my account, then you can have the v5 and call your insurance company to insure the car.

Hi mate

I understand your worries I'm not a thief etc. I try to do what my insurance wants She asks me a copy of v5 is to ensure the above is not so easy. I am also on forumsupra. But it pleases me enormously!

So No worries I'll find another one

Good luck for ur sale!

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Even being French is no excuse for text speak!

Not really fussed about the txt speak but my concern started with the questions regarding history, any bills is it uk spec, all of which are pretty clear in the advert, its got tons of bills and 16 years of history with pics to back that up + its stated as being a uk spec in the headline !

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I dont think he sounds all that bad. When i buy car I always start by asking a raft a questions about it even if theyre in the advert, I like to get a feel for the seller and how enthusiastic they are about the car. Couldnt you just get a £500 deposit off him, gime a copy of the V5 and then arrange for him to collect or even deliver it for him? Once you have a good deposit you should be ok.

I see what your saying but the guy lives in the UK and never mentioned he was exporting the car, i didn't think they could import heavily modified cars and needed them to be as stock as possible which would rule out my car somewhat ?

Doesn't matter now but i still find the content of his emails somewhat puzzleing with no questions regards the condition of the car etc perhaps ive been over cautious but then if he really wanted my car i think he'd have explained himself much better and read through the advert properly which it appears he hasn't.