The mkiv Supra Owners Club

353 Miles In One Tank

Abz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to free up a caliper last week, and have the seals to replace on it, going to get that done next week.

Thanks for your Help Dunk

Off to search for O2 sensor how to...

And sorry for hijacking your thread....

No worries, thought a thread like this might assist :thumbs:

I managed approx 52 and barely had enough to get to the petrol station :D (Nurburgring...) In a BPU UK spec auto with cams, Emanage, SBCI-D, FMIC and full decat on a Superdragger.
:blink: :D

Gaz - I love how a 600 bhp Supra can still get close to 30mpg! :D

No worries, thought a thread like this might assist :thumbs:

:blink: :D

Gaz - I love how a 600 bhp Supra can still get close to 30mpg! :D

Abz, you have been around long enough to know better ;)

Single turbo Supra's can in fact be more economical than a stock TT. In fact a properly mapped TT will be more efficient than a non-mapped TT.

Think of it in the same vain as remapping an oilburner and getting 30% performance gains while getting 20% MPG gains. A proper map goes a LONG way for efficiency.

Abz, you have been around long enough to know better ;)

Single turbo Supra's can in fact be more economical than a stock TT. In fact a properly mapped TT will be more efficient than a non-mapped TT.

Think of it in the same vain as remapping an oilburner and getting 30% performance gains while getting 20% MPG gains. A proper map goes a LONG way for efficiency.

Yes you are correct mate I do know better ;)

Was just mentioning how the Supra's still can manage 30mpg along with 600bhp compared to other super cars running similar power! :D

I must have a problem with my car then i have a jspec tt6 bpu and the most i have ever had to a tank of v-power as thats what i use was 220 miles , On an average tank im around 190 miles , But i do drive it hard . Rich.

If you still have the sequential system you'll see worse MPG than a single during 'normal driving' because the first turbo comes online much sooner. However, exercise that right foot and things change quite quickly :D

I am thinking of get my car mapped ,as im not 100% happy with this running 1.2 bar on a standard map,so do you think its worth it will it help the mpg . Rich.

It should run fine, but you might see a few extra miles if you get it mapped. Don't forget you'll need something to map though, so you'll need a fuel controller or new ECU first. The stock ECU can't be 'mapped'.

As Jamesy says, if you go TTC and have it mapped you'll notice a big difference, but it's a bit marmite. Some people don't like it because both turbos come in together just before 4000rpm (like a car with one turbo).

It should run fine, but you might see a few extra miles if you get it mapped. Don't forget you'll need something to map though, so you'll need a fuel controller or new ECU first. The stock ECU can't be 'mapped'.

As Jamesy says, if you go TTC and have it mapped you'll notice a big difference, but it's a bit marmite. Some people don't like it because both turbos come in together just before 4000rpm (like a car with one turbo).

I was just about to ask what ttc was , I know all about mapping as before the supra i was a honda man (still am really) just moved up a class , and i build my engine for that and turbo'd it ,got it remapped and ended up with 379 bhp 400nm of torque .

As for the supra's im reading and learning at the min . Rich.

I was just about to ask what ttc was , I know all about mapping as before the supra i was a honda man (still am really) just moved up a class , and i build my engine for that and turbo'd it ,got it remapped and ended up with 379 bhp 400nm of torque .

As for the supra's im reading and learning at the min . Rich.

In that case all you need to do is read this, get a fuel controller or ECU and get cracking :cool:

• 1 month later...

Used to get around 300 miles per tank in my N/a

Best i did was to Huddersfield to Endinburgh on about 33 liters. 32MPG :D Most boring driving ever and took about 5.30 hours ;)

Though the last long trip I did was 200 miles it ate 65 quid worth of petrol 90% motorway driving, think the 02 sensors need a lemon bath....

Guys what are you getting from single turbo set ups currently??

mine seems pretty low mpg but i use it everywhere around town and it has the hi stall torque converter. Plus the fact v-power is like 132ppl around here :(

what are u guys getting to a tank, or say £30-£40

:)

Guys what are you getting from single turbo set ups currently??

mine seems pretty low mpg but i use it everywhere around town and it has the hi stall torque converter. Plus the fact v-power is like 132ppl around here :(

what are u guys getting to a tank, or say £30-£40

:)

I've seen 21mpg over a whole tank, mixture of long and short journeys and a bit of boost.