Something different...

davej705

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most of the decent DSG 'boxes can't handle big torque :(

ooh I dunno, there's a couple floating about rated above 1000nm if you have the cash. The stock BMW E60 one has been tested above 700nm by a few tuners so far without problems. An R35 one seems quite robust with a few internal tweaks.

ooh I dunno, there's a couple floating about rated above 1000nm if you have the cash. The stock BMW E60 one has been tested above 700nm by a few tuners so far without problems. An R35 one seems quite robust with a few internal tweaks.

Yeah but you're still talking HUGE £££s to take anything close to big Supra power, and I'd question the reliability too. That's just me though, if I had a 'box like that I'd want it perfect, and to shift like a stock car does for many thousands of miles. If you're going to do it, do it properly and do it once :)

Yeah but you're still talking HUGE £££s to take anything close to big Supra power, and I'd question the reliability too. That's just me though, if I had a 'box like that I'd want it perfect, and to shift like a stock car does for many thousands of miles. If you're going to do it, do it properly and do it once :)

The OP said 'different", I never saw the word 'reliable' being mentioned ;). Totally agree with you. Unfortunately being different often means walking an untrodden path, which usually results in lots of broken bits and empty wallets. That said, there's no data kicking around of hard driven Supra's with 1200 BHP being reliable after 20K miles either.:)

The OP said 'different", I never saw the word 'reliable' being mentioned ;). Totally agree with you. Unfortunately being different often means walking an untrodden path, which usually results in lots of broken bits and empty wallets. That said, there's no data kicking around of hard driven Supra's with 1200 BHP being reliable after 20K miles either.:)

True, I wonder what the highest reliable BHP has been on here? I know JP ran 750bhp on his stocker, not sure how long for though.