The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day? + Videos of Rob's Skyline ;)

rob wild

Hey Folks

Though I would try this again with the assistance of our NW mods :)

This afternoon as a hangover cure ;) I went down to the TRO dyno day @ TDI North. I only saw the later end but it was an excellent afternoon and it got me thinking that its a shame that 'we' haven't done one for years!

Plus its a good event to do in the winter time as its a static event and these cars don't half kick some heat out :)

Anyway here's a couple of video / photo's and a little extra for all the 'doubter' that dont believe the Skyline is working :p Try 653bhp @ 1.2 bar for size lol :D

FJ1iSDhittk

efHk5I4lc5M

lWdAnRwlZ_Q

U9JNTqQ5k0s

May be a BBQ?

if4T-Qi5ND8

So if you are interested in setting one up please reply to this thread :)

How come only the rear wheels are turning? never thought that could be done with the R34, thought that was just an R32 thing? is it permanent RWD?

It's only running RWD at the moment. He is currently missing the box that makes it 4WD can't remember what it's called....:innocent:

H.

nice gtr, a bet that civic shifts lol

Cheers Mate :) Might come and talk you about a R35 GTR at some point ;)

Now i've finaly got the V161 fitted it's a big :thumbs: from me! Put my name down!

Congrats on the dyno run Rob ;) The car sounds fantastic! How high are you planning on pushing the boost up?

Nice one Rob love to see your running! Hows the 6 speed? Loved it in mine!

How come only the rear wheels are turning? never thought that could be done with the R34, thought that was just an R32 thing? is it permanent RWD?

Couple of things TBH Jamie. Unfortunately it turns out my transfer box is broken. However it has been got working to a point (its booked in for a rebuild though) but anyone that knows anything about Skyline's wouldn't do any major dyno work with the car in 4WD because asseta ecu is shifting power because of the traction on a dyno, most that are in the 'know' would pull the g sensor fuse and put it in rwd mode and then use a rota dyno for big power cars! This is exactly what TDI are doing for me over then next couple of months with Paul and Sam @ TDI North / South.

Plus dyno a skyline in 4WD mode and its a sure fine way of damaging the plates in the transfer box! Which exactly is what is wrong with mine :( ow and that's another 2000 pounds to get it fixed!

It's alive, ALIVE....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

H.

;)

Lovely skyline. I wouldn't mind putting mine through this. Might see how much it is. Good work. Love thstd engine bay

Cheers dude :) Be good to see your running!

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

653 @ 1.2 Bar :blink:

How the hell does a skyline make that power at such low boost !

Id be up for this to see what the NA does :D

With some excellent mapping a T04Z, 272 cams, ported head and massive Jun intake plenum ;) and it was revving to 8500rpm in that clip :cool:

I was a bit unsure but we took it for a test drive afterwards and it was soooooo much quicker than my soop ever was and that was dyno's at 575bhp! So its about right imo

Bro, just seen the mag pics. Congrats. Hopefully I'll see this monster in the light soon :p

Cheers Bud, did you see the ones on my photobucket?

When you thinking Rob??

Don't want to leave it to long we all know how temperamental your cars are Lol.......:innocent:

Lol I'm going to take you for a spin in the car for that comment :D

LMAO!! I gave it the 'kiss of death' there didn't i?? :D

If i get a new set of turbos fitted before this then still count me in ;)

Sorry to hear about the turbos Rob! *cough* Single :innocent: