The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra: Restored and Built from the Ground Up.

Inferno

Wow, you've really raised the bar for what you can do with a supra, probably the no1 supra in the world. Amazing job/vision/committment/insanity.

Thank you ozz, you are too kind to say that! Yes I do get called insane a lot, but when I really want something, I go for it ;)

This car is just amazing....

Such attention to detail, that car is probably the best Supra is the world...

Wish I could find a Supra half as good as this...

Thanks mate, I'm sure you will have your dream car - don't give up on it !

Hi noticed on the SF thread that there were/are two small marks on the passengers door trim by the door pull/armrest - I hope that they were only grease stains and came off. Amazing car and one of a kind.

How does it feel now back on home soil? scared to park up? Tee

Yes Sir, the car was spotless when it arrived! There were a few times when photos were taken after a certain job had been done and there was a small amount of dirt/dust and I would worry about it... seems kind of silly on reflection!

It is an amazing feeling having it back thank you for asking - it is a real blast to drive... the power is instant and it just keeps on coming and coming. The ride is smooth, it has a new car feel, and everything just "works".

holy crap!

I reckon that must be worth £3k. I have £3k, want to sellit to me :)

Haha hopefully I will enjoy this car for a long time to come!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the car weighed today... I was extremely interested in finding out how it would compare in terms of weight change from when it was stock.

Thanks to the metal widebody (not fibreglass with a massive amount of filler), and the mass of other changes, the increase in weight from the aftermarket turbo setup, bigger wheels, tyres, intercooler, pipework etc etc was somewhat offset. So, The car has gone from 1520kg stock, to 1540kg (with a 20kg margin of error at the weighbridge).

I am actually extremely happy with that! ~1.3% increase in weight, ~ 323% increase in power.

Hi Dave Glad your enjoying the fruits of your hard work and I have another question(sorry).

Its common knowledge that car makers use lots of rubber in drivelines due to the compliance qualities and the need for NVH for Joe Public to keep him happy whereas in a competition car the need for a tight chassis is more important than any noise, vibration or harshness.

So as you have solid mountings for the differential,rear subframe and anti roll bar plus those beautiful Ikeya arms which have spherical joints rather than rubber bushes have you notices and noises or vibrations from those said items as you say all is smooth?

Or is that because Sydney highways are like mill ponds? Unlike UK roads with poor surfaces and potholes!

Still cant get over your massive list of parts but shows that your car is really one-of-a-kind and will probably never be replicated - ever!

regards Tee

This is exactly the route I want to go down with mine, try and give it a more modern feel :)

If I end up with something half as nice as this I'll be extremely happy.

Thanks Marc. I would have to say though that your current Supra is quite special already!

Great result, good of you to take the time in getting it weighed too :)

Cheers mate, weight reduction is something I am extremely interested in, so I wanted to do it properly (before and after, using the same weighing facility, having it verified at more than one location etc).

gorgeous car dude well done

Thank you! I hope everything turns out well with your build too ;)

Hi Dave Glad your enjoying the fruits of your hard work and I have another question(sorry).

Its common knowledge that car makers use lots of rubber in drivelines due to the compliance qualities and the need for NVH for Joe Public to keep him happy whereas in a competition car the need for a tight chassis is more important than any noise, vibration or harshness.

So as you have solid mountings for the differential,rear subframe and anti roll bar plus those beautiful Ikeya arms which have spherical joints rather than rubber bushes have you notices and noises or vibrations from those said items as you say all is smooth?

Or is that because Sydney highways are like mill ponds? Unlike UK roads with poor surfaces and potholes!

Still cant get over your massive list of parts but shows that your car is really one-of-a-kind and will probably never be replicated - ever!

regards Tee

Thanks Tee, that is very kind of you to say!

In regards to the suspension setup - Sydney roads are absolutely horrible. Full of cracks and bumps, uneven, potholes... you name it. So unless you are driving on a newly surfaced road (or one of the main roads which tend to be looked after a little better) in a 7 series BMW or some such cushioned car, the ride can be quite harsh in any sports car.

The great thing though is that with all of the suspension changes in my setup, there are no annoying noises or vibrations, the harshness of the ride is not noticably worse than stock, and everything feels tight. I have attributed this to the fact that I chose all of the parts after doing a LOT of research rather than just getting the "best of the best" for each possible replacement part. I chose them based on their compatibility with one another. I found that the above mentioned problems (noises, vibration, harshness etc) tend to be due to either mismatching of components, inferior quality components or sub-optimal configuration/setup/installation of components.

Strewth mate.Bloody beltin' motor.If ever i get to Sydney to see my cousin;i'll be knocking at you rdoor.Feckin beautiful (i do have a Whifbitz front bumper and my car is black-end of similarities[sAD][/sAD])

Haha thank you Sir! I am always up for meeting fellow Supra owners - especially those from across the pond!

:blink: great supra!!! "bravo"

Thanks mate, I hope to be seeing your Supra soon! ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...