The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many of us taking car off road for winter?

Lude

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm ok interesting :)

im gona put mine in the garage, cancel the tax & insurance, and MOT is up.

cant be arst to clean the car every other day due to the grit, and you cant really boost it a lot with the frost

save a bit of money aswel from all of the above :)

hmm ok interesting :)

im gona put mine in the garage, cancel the tax & insurance, and MOT is up.

cant be arst to clean the car every other day due to the grit, and you cant really boost it a lot with the frost

save a bit of money aswel from all of the above :)

I wouldn't cancel the insurance.....You never know ;)

Its even more amuzing with 10" wide fronts and 11'5" wide rears, i took mine out once last year on the snow but thankfully the rds i was on were clear of other cars so i had heaps of fun doing 300 yrd broadslides, stopping wasnt as much fun though and had to be planned well in advance :D

Its even more amuzing with 10" wide fronts and 11'5" wide rears, i took mine out once last year on the snow but thankfully the rds i was on were clear of other cars so i had heaps of fun doing 300 yrd broadslides, stopping wasnt as much fun though and had to be planned well in advance :D

11.5" rears :blink: goodtimes :D

Meh its not a Ford! Mine is hardcore! Its in a climate controlled unit with dehumidifier which also has sprays perfume at 5 past the hour for 5 hours in a 24 hour period. It is also wrapped up in a thunderbird duvet to keep it very cuddle and bubble wrap around its feet to keep her comfy. I also have a Buzzlight night light as she is scared of the dark. :)

:lol:

Mine will be going in the garage shortly once I have one last piece of work done on it for this year. Will prob get it back out next Apr if its not a rainy one ;)

ps going to miss it loads, how do you all cope without it :(

Full set of 8" stock 16's with 225 tyres is the way to do it in the snow :D

My winter wheels 18"s x 8" with brand new hankook icebears went on acouple of days ago and I can honestly say its made a world of difference. All the roads my way are constantly wet and muddy. I was having major trouble stopping the car as the ABS kept cutting in all the time. Now I've lost a bit of dry back end power grip but I can drive with confidence on all the slippery surfaces I've come across so far.

Well after last years extravaganza "Dancing on snow" and blocking the whole main road of the town , i've decided to invest in a cheap frontera 4x4 2.0 sport :)

Picked it up 2 weeks ago, in mint condition for year, slight cooling problem due to blocked rad. but nothing to fret about.:innocent:

Supra tucked up with my new car cover off ebay ! seems ok so far , as i bought a large , due to having a Trd rear wing and a early do-luck front end ! still the cover is too small as the wing mirror pockets are not located properly :( , but it will fit with a bit of squeeze !!