The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon Track/Drag Day 14th August

terribleturner

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need any help, or you need to share the work load James, either before or during the event, me and Rush will be there to assist you, in any way we can. :friday:

If I get this timing gear sorted in time I wil probably need some help setting it up, testing it's all working and that (dont fancy walking backwards and forwards over the 1/4 mile forever!), but I've a long way to go yet, so no panic just yet.

Update on the timing gear for those interested; I think a mate of mine and I have solved a technical issue I could see arising,- how do you know & ensure that the gear at the start line is in sync with the gear at the end line, especially if it's operating over a wireless link? Well, I plan to use GPS recievers (about £36 a pop) to reset a millisecond-accurate timer every second, so I know everything is in sync with everything else. The data captured (e.g. crossed the start line, crossed the finish line) is all timestamped then processed in the following few seconds to work out the times, speeds, etc. :)

All planned now, just need to get on with it! :)

Like I say, I'll do my level best to make sure I've got it all working by the event, but no promises. :)

I've set myself a date of the end of July, so there are a couple of weeks in hand (plus that's when my Sup arrives,- can't see me getting as much done after that's here :D)

Guest Az Supercharged
If you do intend to drift a lot you WILL HAVE to bring a spare set of tyres as the surface is very abrasive.

And expect a lot of stone chips!! :eek: :trust:

I'll defo be going to this though! Only 5 minutes up the road from me, if that. :D

Maybe I'll actually get to meet you Paul! :p

All are welcome Rob :D

Would anyone be interested in me getting a localish mobile tyre fitter to come along with his part worn rubber?? He usually has all the top makes (Eagles etc...) I know some people are not to sure about these tyres but if people want a cheap set for the day (£30-40 a wheel IIRC) then i can see what he can do.

Would anyone be interested in me getting a localish mobile tyre fitter to come along with his part worn rubber??

Definately!! I've got some worn bridgestones - that I was planning on selling but now this event has popped up - it'll be good to have someone there to fit/balance tyres.