The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Borg Warner EFR turbos

Paul Whiffin

true, but Unfortunately at that time, they seen a new market in the VG35, and got involved with the development of that engine in the SVA Imports 350z.

One can only live in hope. 2011 should be a good year for them if the VR38 stroker kit materialises too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though JUN also do a stroker..and they have a strong industry link with Cosworth ;)

Not if you speak with Cosworth in the UK, something to do with JUN not paying their bills which is why they will happily now sell you the old version of the JUN pistons.

They are still good but old tech, Cosworth will do a much newer casting if you have the cash.

They are still good but old tech, Cosworth will do a much newer casting if you have the cash.

What was one offer last time Wez? I vaguely remember it. An engine build is on my radar next year to wind the Twins up. Would be interested to see if this goes any further.

Yeah but i was always under the impression there was a Cosworth, Mahle and Capricorn link in germany, chris wilson would have the answer if so :)

AFAIK Capricorn have no financial connection with Cosworth, nor with Mahle, or vice versa. I think Perfect Bore, who Capricorn bought out, *may* have worked with Cosworth, but I don't think they were married financially, either. It's hard to keep track, as Cosworth USA and UK work fairly autonomously of one another.

AFAIK Capricorn have no financial connection with Cosworth, nor with Mahle, or vice versa. I think Perfect Bore, who Capricorn bought out, *may* have worked with Cosworth, but I don't think they were married financially, either. It's hard to keep track, as Cosworth USA and UK work fairly autonomously of one another.

I also remembered that the f1 ferarri cranks, and lots of other performance cranks are made in france by a company called Chambon - who are now owned by Capricorn Group - probably were the developed vr38 crank is actually made

Ooh you're such a tease:p :)

lol we built the engine for the sats supra this season, stock item block, 800hp, mark cut the nuts of it all season and.... the PHR pump give in on the last round of the BDC.

Cosworth are redesigning the Pistons and Rods (old Jun items) at the moment and will be building the block soon.

Cosworth are redesigning the Pistons and Rods (old Jun items) at the moment and will be building the block soon.

Hmmmm, why they redesigning the old JUN stuff, the latest forging EVO X stuff will work, for pistons anyway, not sure about rods ;)

Here is the info I had :-

The price includes six pistons( 86.00mm, 86.50, or 87.00mm) with rings, pins, clips, skirt coating, anti det bands and polished crowns.

• Will the gudgeon pin diameter be the same as stock? 22mm pin same as stock
  • Would the valve relief be large enough for +1mm valves? Max valve size allowed is 33mm Inlet, 28mm Exhaust
  • Is the compression height same as stock? Compression height is same as stock

Hmmmm, why they redesigning the old JUN stuff, the latest forging EVO X stuff will work, for pistons anyway, not sure about rods ;)

Here is the info I had :-

The price includes six pistons( 86.00mm, 86.50, or 87.00mm) with rings, pins, clips, skirt coating, anti det bands and polished crowns.

• Will the gudgeon pin diameter be the same as stock? 22mm pin same as stock
  • Would the valve relief be large enough for +1mm valves? Max valve size allowed is 33mm Inlet, 28mm Exhaust
  • Is the compression height same as stock? Compression height is same as stock

No idea about Crank though would love to see a stroker kit come out of it. Wez, i think the redesignis is prolly to do with skirt, oiling and sealing technology along with thier new forging proccesses, unfortunately i dont know any off technical RD that is going on with this at cosworth as they are working through mark (SAT driver) who also drove the Cosworth SVA 350z they developed.

At the end of the link it says if oil cooled do not have continued hot engine shut down, how do you cool the oil on a hot engine , can you watercool a turbo on a 2jz

As with any turbo, its just saying dont shut down the engine right after you have been giving it some stick.