The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Headlights

albundy68

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that mate. LHD as in left hand drive is about £100 more expensive. RHD headlights are the same price each side.

doh, my mistake mate. Are my part numbers (first post) correct for RHD?

Obviously if Paul can get them cheaper group buy than my attempts I'll be happy, and first on the list! :D

But either way we will still need to know how many people are interested, so keep adding names if you are.

1) Albundy68 1 pair

2) Havard 1 pair

3) hemmjonny 1 pair

4) johnhandy

5) Neo2810

6) Weskereric 1 or 2 pairs

7)

8)

is everyone done? because if they are i will go back and see what they say about 5-7 pairs. Also if Paul wants to see if he can get a good price he is more than welcome, as is anyone else actually, i just want cheap lights! :D

is everyone done? because if they are i will go back and see what they say about 5-7 pairs. Also if Paul wants to see if he can get a good price he is more than welcome, as is anyone else actually, i just want cheap lights! :D

There must be more than this surely...!!

H.

Bumpy..!!

Can we have a definitive answer on this group buy please?

If Mr Whiffin is doing a deal, I'll have one of his cat back exhausts while I am at it.....:eyebrows:

H.

i was hoping we might get up to ten if i gave it a little time, i will send an email next tuesday (19th) so if anyone else wants to express interest before then please do.

I will leave it to Paul to reply and see if he can do a good price from his source.

i was hoping we might get up to ten if i gave it a little time, i will send an email next tuesday (19th) so if anyone else wants to express interest before then please do.

I will leave it to Paul to reply and see if he can do a good price from his source.

Thats the best price I can get I'm afraid. Toyota head office wont discount them anymore.

Hi all,

as promised i emailed Mr T yesterday, this is the response

"The headlamp part numbers you quoted are for japanese spec supra 1997onwards not european spec therefore there is no LHD as all japanese specvehicles are RHD. The part numbersyou quoted we can do for £236.84 each for 6 pairs or more delivered to the same address."

So a complete waste of time to do a group buy, in fact it looks like they are charging exactly the same for the lights but just passing on the post saving since they want to post all to same address.

No point in doing a group buy, but the LHD/RHD thing is quite interesting,

What we really need is someone like Nic that can get them in Japan and ship from there, that would give us a decent price. Not sure if theres anyone on here that has the contacts or the motivation to do that though...

Hi all,

as promised i emailed Mr T yesterday, this is the response

"The headlamp part numbers you quoted are for japanese spec supra 1997onwards not european spec therefore there is no LHD as all japanese specvehicles are RHD. The part numbersyou quoted we can do for £236.84 each for 6 pairs or more delivered to the same address."

So a complete waste of time to do a group buy, in fact it looks like they are charging exactly the same for the lights but just passing on the post saving since they want to post all to same address.

No point in doing a group buy, but the LHD/RHD thing is quite interesting,

What we really need is someone like Nic that can get them in Japan and ship from there, that would give us a decent price. Not sure if theres anyone on here that has the contacts or the motivation to do that though...

I will try and get a price from our source, some things we can get really cheap some not so.

I will try and get a price from our source, some things we can get really cheap some not so.

I hope so. I am now looking at getting mine refurbed by Blue Angel as I am not paying silly amounts of money for plastic headlights that only last about 5 years.....:rolleyes:

At least if I have them refurbed I can change the colour now and then....:)

H.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just spoke to Steve Manley, these are now £521.26 inc delivery. My local toyota is a bit more but will match it.

Inflation :(

Found a company who can get toyota parts cheap :D they will charge £525.46 inc delivery :(

I can get them for £486 from Wigan but I bet there will be a few quids worth of postage on top.

H.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.