The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need na-t pics

barneybrendan

From what I've heard from the mappers and tuners here, yes, the lack of timing adjustment is an enormous limiting factor on the NA-T. When GTE engines are converted to single, its the timing adjustments that allow the big power, without them even a GTE single conversion will struggle to make 500bhp.

right that makes sense.so next thing for na-t owners is to bin the dizzy and go coil packs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cant compare uk dyno numbers to the mustang and dynojet USA numbers, it just dont make sense the power they get for the boost they run, even comparing our fly power to there rwhp is hard to believe in most cases, 67mm turbos making 900rwhp just dont compute to me.

I reckon a container with your name on it and a road trip would answer that question once and for all. ;)

USA guys tend to build for and run much higher octane fuel, where as we, mostly build for road fuel, unless the car is totally track or strip. Not much point in running a road car on anything other than pump fuel as it limits limit the range of the car to what you can carry.

How does their octanes etc work compaired to ours? I've heard their stuff is shit and ours is much higher octane? Wasn't there a thread about this not long ago?

can somebody post up some pics of their na-t engine bay with some good close ups.

Don't mean to jump your thread, and apologies if this isn't allowed, but just in case you're interested and eventually go for the na-t, then I make the badge - as attached in all colors - thought I'd just give it a mention as there's only two guys in the US who've ever seen them. Regards - Rob - Likwidart.

Supra NA-T.jpg

How does their octanes etc work compaired to ours? I've heard their stuff is shit and ours is much higher octane? Wasn't there a thread about this not long ago?

I can't remember, it is something to do with the difference between MON and RON. never really bother to take much notice. Just look what stock cars put out over there, silly numbers that defy credibility. Many of the big silly numbers are probably achieved on meth. Its the number that seems to count not how you got it.

don't mean to jump your thread, and apologies if this isn't allowed, but just in case you're interested and eventually go for the na-t, then i make the badge - as attached in all colors - thought i'd just give it a mention as there's only two guys in the us who've ever seen them. Regards - rob - likwidart.

:D

be nice to get ryans input on it then from what ive read and herd his advice would settle a lot of things.

ryan was superb mapping my car , it was like watching an artist work,

watching him work on the car filled me with confidence in him as soon as he started. you could tell he new exactly what he was doing and what needed to be done , ther was no head scratching or look of trial and error. just in and job done car was perfect.

if he said the dizzy is good for 600 iv every confidence in his knowlage :)

I can't remember, it is something to do with the difference between MON and RON. .

Correct, they rate their octane based on the AKI which is the average of MON and RON.

So simply multiply our RON number by 0.95 and you'll get the USA equivalent.

98 RON x 0.95 = 93.1 AKI so on and so forth.

Edited by Miguel (see edit history)

ryan was superb mapping my car , it was like watching an artist work,

watching him work on the car filled me with confidence in him as soon as he started. you could tell he new exactly what he was doing and what needed to be done , ther was no head scratching or look of trial and error. just in and job done car was perfect.

if he said the dizzy is good for 600 iv every confidence in his knowlage :)

Never spoke to him personally but he does seem to be 'the man' when it comes to mapping. Everything I have heard about him is always good news so I do think he would be the person to talk to about going down the bigger power NA-T route. Just needs one of us to put the talk into practise and see what they can really do.

Can you blame them? I could never be arsed to take my car over there.

Where's the spirit of adventure:p People do, do it. I recently met up with a guy that shipped his GT-R over from Texas for a Euro trip. I'd certainly share a container with someone for an ultimate road trip.

I

Edited by Miguel (see edit history)

Where's the spirit of adventure:p People do do it, I recently met up with a guy that shipped his GT-R over from Texas for a Euro trip. I'd certainly share a container with someone for an ultimate road trip.

Id rather just hire something out there tbh, id love to go to one of there big events one year, not sure the wife and kids would love it as much as me though:D

Never spoke to him personally but he does seem to be 'the man' when it comes to mapping. Everything I have heard about him is always good news so I do think he would be the person to talk to about going down the bigger power NA-T route. Just needs one of us to put the talk into practise and see what they can really do.

i intend too when funds are available. i would have stated by now but my doner block was fizzled:(