The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone give me £23k? :D

Guest «Supra»

Thanks Jurgen, you've got all the answers on these rare beasties :D and yeah it looks horrible with the UK plates on, but if thats whats needed to get the (insert word here) to mot it, then I can soon whip them back off afterwards.

Ironically the police haven't pulled me in the car yet, so they can't think they are illegal :D

Paul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul, pay your membership and sample the full delights of the club.....;)

Your car is very special due to the low mileage and the condition, my plan was to store it and only use is for meets like JAE and Suprapod etc.

Don't worry about the Jon thing. At the end of the day the guy lied to me and told me that the car was under a much higher offer than the deal we had done and therefore I was in no position to argue even though I could afford it, I could never live with having the pi$$ taken out of me like that....;)

Hope you stick around.....:)

H.

I own the Black one alright , here's some recent Pic's

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=221020&highlight=cleaned+car

Heres's some Information I found over the years; its a nice read. Counldnt tell you if it is 100% accurate but I think the majority is at least

------------------------------------------------------

History of TRD Techocraft Built TRD 3000GT

------------------------------------------------------

In 1998, Toyota Racing Development [2] offered an official kit body conversion and tuning program for MR2 owners to transform their existing SW20 MR2 into a widebody TRD2000GT kit replica car. This was to pay homage to the wins by their TRD2000GTs in the GT-C Japanese racing series, the TRD2000GT racing series cars were based on the SW20 floorpan. Toyota also did the same with their Supra Twin Turbo model, offering a conversion service to transform these cars into a TRD3000GT [3].

The TRD 3000GT was first shown at the 1994 Tokyo Auto Salon much to the delight of Toyota fans and tuning car fans in general. The JZA80 Toyota Supra was already well recieved, and for TRD to bring out such extreme parts for it was sensational at the time. The TRD 3000GT body kit extended the guards by 50mm changing much of the entire exterior of the car, leading some people to belive it were a low production vehicle along the lines of RUF Automobile GmbH (Porsche).

In order to ensure exclusivity, a high price tag was charged and total of just 35 factory car conversions were completed by Toyota Technocraft Ltd. ( http://www.toyota-ttc.co.jp/english/index.html) Each official Technocraft car converted was made using lightweight fibreglass components (in place of heavy steel original parts: front fenders, trunk lid extension, rear quarter panels, gas door, front and rear bumpers, 3-piece wing) and re-classified as completely new cars (with their own specially numbered TRD vin plate riveted to the body to indicate their authenticity and rarity).

As is typical amongst the Japanese 'Works Tuners' (TRD, Nismo, Mugen, STi, Mazdaspeed, Ralliart etc), the engine of the TRD 3000GT at the time of it's release was left close to standard, but with a full exhaust system and suspension modifications added to give a reasonable upgrade in performance over the already powerful base car. Later, engine packages were available which were released in stages going from mild street performance to 'hard tuned' packages illegal for street use.

The original 1994 debut car though was all about properly functioning aerodynamics as opposed to outright speed, with Toyota investing a lot more financially into developing the 3000GT kit than previous attempts, using wind tunnel testing and 3D simulations to gain the best compromise between functionality and appearance. The engine was completely stock at the time of the TRD 3000GTs announcement, but later upgrades were developed for big increases in horsepower. A complete TRD 3000GT with the parts installed by Toyota, while not impossible to find, are still one of the most sought after JZA80s.

Only 3 complete Toyota Technocraft Ltd. cars are known to have been shipped into Europe with only 10 complete cars allocated to TRD USA for the entire American market. This makes these officially built Toyota Technocraft Ltd. The car track width is extended and body dimensions dramatically changing the cars overall visuals, giving the car a "supercar" look, and also better handling and weight reduction. Very little is known about these cars outside of Japan.

The complete wide body TRD 3000GT kit including front fenders, rear fenders, side skirts and front and rear bumpers weighed in at 971,250 yen(!), with the addition of the aero bonnet (210,000 yen) and the rear wing (140,000 yen) bringing the total package price to 1,321,250 yen… not including installation…

all will come in due course twin td05 turbos

Sounds good so far!

A TRD with big twins... :D

You need to get a white Top Secret GT300 with either a big single (6765 or T04Z or something) or with big twins. That'd be amazing! Not until I'm ready to buy it though or I'd be forever sad :p