Anyone give me £23k? :D

Guest «Supra»

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never deleted them ?

damm, why have these dissapeared ?

I looked a couple of months ago (just to cheer myself up...:D)

I didn't think that you deleted them mate. I imagine that old sale threads from 2008 would have been one of the first things to go in a forum clearout....;)

H.

Was browsing PistonHeads yesterday and found this machine. I don't know if it's been posted before but my brief search found no results. I guess it's a big thing for me (and many others) since I've never seen a TRD3000GT up for sale in the UK before. The car looks mint in my opinion, though a TRD bonnet is a lot better than its Abflug counterpart.

So what do you lot think? Anyone considering selling their left leg? :sly:

Would happily sell you both my legs for this car. Seen it before and wished I had 23K :(

Those pictures have upset me again...!!

The one that got away eh.....:(

H.

It is a shame you didnt get it mate but who knows it could come into your ownership in the future you just never know. As nice a car it is it is just a car, to cheer yourself up you should buy mine:phaha

That blue one is just unreal, but buying that I wouldnt feel you could drive it, i'd want it wrapped up in a warm garage. Got to be one of the best examples of a supra your ever likely to buy judging from the pictures

Totally agree and got a warm garage but unfortunately not 23k :(

It is a shame you didnt get it mate but who knows it could come into your ownership in the future you just never know. As nice a car it is it is just a car, to cheer yourself up you should buy mine:phaha

I have a TT ready for collection in just over a week to help me get over it. Then I can start NA bashing and winding Neil NA up a bit......:sly::D

I doubt I will ever get over that car. Maybe when I get my Aston I will look at it as a cheap piece of Jap crap.....:innocent:

H.

I have a TT ready for collection in just over a week to help me get over it. Then I can start NA bashing and winding Neil NA up a bit......:sly::D

I doubt I will ever get over that car. Maybe when I get my Aston I will look at it as a cheap piece of Jap crap.....:innocent:

H.

Haha, yeah I seen his rant about the NA bashing it did make me laugh, I'm just happy ive owned a supra regardless of tt or na, next one will be a TT though after doing some travelling

OMG I did not know that these cars existed :blink: I cant be much of a supra nut can I?:D

Shame no one in the club owns any of these examples because they are stunning. How many were upgraded by TRD and what models? (Manual, Tiptronic?)

There were 33 originals. Not sure of how many were manual, the one I bought (then got shafted) was a tiptronic.

H.

• 1 month later...

Oh man, I feel so horrible now, Havard I had no idea that Jon had already accepted an offer on the car from you :( He had only said there was someone else interested in the car.

I still own the Blue TRD3000GT and its rarely been used, especially not in the wet, I almost daren't drive it tbh. I'm too afraid of getting it out of control and damaging the bodywork, or even worse someone bumping into it. When its not being used it gets locked up in the garage to keep it dry.

I have to say its still pretty much as it was in the pictures Jurgen posted. The only thing I've had to have done to it were a new pair of rear tyres. Everything else is still the same including the silly japanese stereo with sat nav that you can't convert to English, although it is entertaining listening to the japanese that it comes out with when you put the key in. Although I have flirted with upping the performance, or sorting the sound system, I think its best to leave it as it is due to its rarity and condition its in. So even though I'm not an active member on here I am looking after the car :)

I'm unsure as to its current mileage as the first 9k were KM's and the clocks now read 13.4k but i believe the last 4k are miles. It's still got the plates on it jurgen had made for it with the smaller font on, even though Toyota said they weren't legal at the time of the mot. I had to put UK plates on it just to make them happy. I have found out and also shown the MOT rules stating import cars can have import plates with the smaller font if the car cannot be fitted with UK plates, but toyota wouldn't buy it...:rolleyes:

I'll have to bring it along to one of the upcoming shows so you can all see it, especially the ones who know little about the TRD model or hadn't heard of them.

Paul

Edited by tron20 (see edit history)

I'll try to get some fresh ones up of it this week and I'll post them up in another thread - rather than hijack this one more.

I have to agree though that white one looks good, but its a shame it doesn't have the TRD bonnet on it. I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this, but I believe the new TRD bodykit panels you can get are FRP gel coat parts, but the originals weren't. Theres a little bit of wear on the side skirt on my drivers side where the door has caught it, and it looks like a metal panel. I think you can also see the weave of carbon fibre in the bonnet from certain angles, so were the original bonnets carbon fibre? it doesn't feel particularly heavy...:rolleyes:

Paul

wow nice to see you back on here mate, and am glad the car is still in existence..

btw your plates are legal (your car is an import) there is a thread on here about it all..

am surprised toyota even looked at your car with it being an import lol.. normally they will tell you that car needs to be serviced by japan only..

get some pics up (but not with the UK plates on lol)

I'll try to get some fresh ones up of it this week and I'll post them up in another thread - rather than hijack this one more.

I have to agree though that white one looks good, but its a shame it doesn't have the TRD bonnet on it. I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this, but I believe the new TRD bodykit panels you can get are FRP gel coat parts, but the originals weren't. Theres a little bit of wear on the side skirt on my drivers side where the door has caught it, and it looks like a metal panel. I think you can also see the weave of carbon fibre in the bonnet from certain angles, so were the original bonnets carbon fibre? it doesn't feel particularly heavy...:rolleyes:

Paul

yep genuine TRD kits have ali pressed in and coated in FRP GEL..