The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift 6 speed £3500 baragin missed!

wilkorangerover

jesus, there are people like me on here, who need cars like these for projects

and then you get money making snakes like the new seller :(

1500 profit in a day

if we are honest we all see the profit (or lack of a loss which amounts to the same thing!) in cars like this whether it's to break or swap bits off it or use it as a project or keep it and sell our current Supra........it happens all the time in the motor trade but mostly behind closed doors.....someone privately will have let this go or p/x'd it for around £2000-2500 to the first trader......now that really would have been a catch! :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a Low mileage UK spec manual for £9k :) (half the price of some of the ridiculously priced ones out there)

if your talking about the one from embankment cars then you are sadly mistaken. There is a reason it is 10k, the paintwork is horrendous and is rusty, wheels will need refurbing. You will need a new interior as it is beyond shagged. The alarm doesn't work properly so the only way to start is to disconnect the battery and fool the car into turning the immobiliser off. The car runs lumpy and constantly wants to stall when coming to a stop. It also done over 100k, so in short the amount of money needed to repair it to any kind of standard would bring back up to the so called ridiculous prices other people are asking for theirs. It is a shit heap to say the least and if the owner has treated the visible parts of the car like that I wouldn't like to think about how things such as the engine have been treated.

if your talking about the one from embankment cars then you are sadly mistaken. There is a reason it is 10k, the paintwork is horrendous and is rusty, wheels will need refurbing. You will need a new interior as it is beyond shagged. The alarm doesn't work properly so the only way to start is to disconnect the battery and fool the car into turning the immobiliser off. The car runs lumpy and constantly wants to stall when coming to a stop. It also done over 100k, so in short the amount of money needed to repair it to any kind of standard would bring back up to the so called ridiculous prices other people are asking for theirs. It is a shit heap to say the least and if the owner has treated the visible parts of the car like that I wouldn't like to think about how things such as the engine have been treated.

£17k is beyond a joke. I don't care how clean the trader reckons it is, you put it next to a low mileage, fresh import VVTI car and we'll see how good it is.

The point I'm making is that it will never sell for that, and if it does the buyer is a fool. Not even the French/scandanavians/Germans etc will pay that much.

£17k is beyond a joke. I don't care how clean the trader reckons it is, you put it next to a low mileage, fresh import VVTI car and we'll see how good it is.

The point I'm making is that it will never sell for that, and if it does the buyer is a fool. Not even the French/scandanavians/Germans etc will pay that much.

17k is on the high side but at the end of the day its worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Do you mean this one

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 98,000 miles, Metallic Blue, MOT-07-2011, 1 Owner. CD Multichanger, Computer, Electric door mirrors, Radio/Cassette, Heated screen, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Locking wheel nuts, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Front armrest, Full Service History, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Body kit, CD. Insurance Group:17, 1 OWNER FROM NEW + UK CAR + MANUAL 6 SPEED + 98K FULL TOYOTA SERVICE HISTORY + CAMBELT 97K + EVERY MOT FROM NEW + STORM BLUE + ORIGINAL UNABUSED CONDITION + NO MODIFACTION + DRIVES AND PERFORMS SUPERB, £9,990

Do you mean this one

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 98,000 miles, Metallic Blue, MOT-07-2011, 1 Owner. CD Multichanger, Computer, Electric door mirrors, Radio/Cassette, Heated screen, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Locking wheel nuts, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Front armrest, Full Service History, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Body kit, CD. Insurance Group:17, 1 OWNER FROM NEW + UK CAR + MANUAL 6 SPEED + 98K FULL TOYOTA SERVICE HISTORY + CAMBELT 97K + EVERY MOT FROM NEW + STORM BLUE + ORIGINAL UNABUSED CONDITION + NO MODIFACTION + DRIVES AND PERFORMS SUPERB, £9,990

Thats the one :) sounds like a sensible price, and it doesn't sound like a shed.

Following a few texts with the new seller i could be back in the running but iam only willing to pay 3600 max for it but if there is anyone else wanting it let me know, as i dont want to go bidding against fellow members and jacking the price up as iam wanting it for the gearbox mainly.. Thanks

You're not going to break it are you? I thought you were interested in it as a project?

If you're keeping it for yourself then you're welcome to it, but if you're going to be ripping it apart then I think I'm going to get involved :)

Can't you guys just let me' take it? :D

I don't want to break it, just use it as is (with a cheeky TT conv in the future) if I have to pay much more than £4k though I'm out.

It's such a lovely car, would be a shame to see it broken up for the benefit of other Supras :(

Can't you guys just let me' take it? :D

I don't want to break it, just use it as is (with a cheeky TT conv in the future) if I have to pay much more than £4k though I'm out.

It's such a lovely car, would be a shame to see it broken up for the benefit of other Supras :(

you crack on mate - i only wanted the 6 speed out of it - if you are genuinely wanting it for a car then i will stand back ;)

Do you mean this one

Yes that is the one

Thats the one :) sounds like a sensible price, and it doesn't sound like a shed.

it is a shed as I have seen it in person and driven it. The owner has washed it with a yard brush or worse :thumbdown: And it has running problems and other problems I mentioned in my previous post. I was conned by the photos on auto trader which funnily enough don't show the rust or fubarred interior.