The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windows Phones 7 Series

edinlexusV8

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets me check what kind of gaming console do they sell in the iPhone store ... oops none! That enough I suppose ... Anyway this is not another PC vs MAC thread.

Ok now I get it .... Coz a couple of you guys are walking awaaaaaaaaaaay from MS the market share of Macs surged, last time when I checked.....

"Susceptibility to the problem, as well as the extent of the damage caused, both appear to have some dependence on the firmware version used on the handset. Samsung has released several different firmware versions for the Omnia 7, and while the newest versions seem to generally work fine, certain older ones do not. These firmware issues might also be compounded by bugs in the Samsung bootloader; phones with version 4.10.1.9 of the bootloader apparently cannot switch into download mode, which is used to recover from bad flashes. Both newer and older bootloaders are fine."

So, it's Samsungs fault?

ok so you dont have an answer for a gaming console from Apple's platform n also why Nokia came to MS for a mobile OS .... What about other MS products? Let me see if you can find any equivalents from apple ...

Sql Server, Office(Word, Excel, PP etc), Exchange Server for mail, Silverlight, Cloud based products, Win Server, Virtualization/Hypervisor OS, Hotmail, Sharepoint Server, .NET framework etc?

I have a lot of admiration for iPod, iPad and iPhone from apple as these pretty much defined our current world (when it comes to mobiles and music) but calling MS products below average and walking away from all of them is just foolishness.

Basically the article says, MS need to nail the next few updates perfectly.... I'd have to agree, another blip and consumer confidence will be lost in winmo7.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smartphones/windows-phone-7-perfection-needed-to-counter-ecosystem-worries/2298?tag=nl.e101

Credit to MS for coughing up on it as well....

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/02/23/more-answers-about-our-first-software-update.aspx

ok so you dont have an answer for a gaming console from Apple's platform n also why Nokia came to MS for a mobile OS .... What about other MS products? Let me see if you can find any equivalents from apple ...

Sql Server, Office(Word, Excel, PP etc), Exchange Server for mail, Silverlight, Cloud based products, Win Server, Virtualization/Hypervisor OS, Hotmail, Sharepoint Server, .NET framework etc?

I have a lot of admiration for iPod, iPad and iPhone from apple as these pretty much defined our current world (when it comes to mobiles and music) but calling MS products below average and walking away from all of them is just foolishness.

No Apple haven't gone into gaming consoles yet, but lets keep this about phone as thats what you were discussing first.... Nokia used Microsoft as they had some sort of base already instead of Nokia developing a brand new OS - although that base was pretty rubbish (old HTC phones)...

Mac have there own products relating to all the ones you mentioned, try looking at the Apple store..... And as for Cloud based products, I might be wrong here, but didn't Apple bring this to the forefront via their .mac accounts and what is now mobileme? It's been around for years and works amazingly well.

I don't agree with calling MS crap BUT they are still way off the mark in mobile OS - the iPhone easily demonstrates this and considering MS have been making OS systems for mobile phones for a lot longer (first one was in 2000) they are really lagging behind.