The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ow my days, you have to read this! Some doctors honestly!

adnanshah247

I'm assuming you think the baby wasn't dead in the first place? There are plenty of cases where people have come back to life after being pronounced dead.

Really? how is that possible? :faint: if the heart stops, how can it restart itself:taped:

I'm assuming you think the baby wasn't dead in the first place? There are plenty of cases where people have come back to life after being pronounced dead.

If you know your job there are checks for that.

I'm honestly lost for words with this. Can't imagine how the parents feel.

Really? how is that possible? :faint: if the heart stops, how can it restart itself:taped:

A defibrilator doesn't start a heart, it stops it entirely from fibrilating irregularly. If you watch a heart monitor when someone is defibrilated it would show systole (flat line) for a moment before the hearts own pacemaker begins firing again.

It's a common misconception that a defibrilator starts the heart, it merely stops it from fluttering uselessly.

A defibrilator doesn't start a heart, it stops it entirely from fibrilating irregularly. If you watch a heart monitor when someone is defibrilated it would show systole (flat line) for a moment before the hearts on pacemaker begins firing again.

It's a common misconception that a defibrilator starts the heart, it merely stops it from fluttering uselessly.

:yeahthat:

I can't recommend a first aid course enough. Should be in the standard grade curriculum IMO.

Parents must be going through hell, mainly the mother who carried the baby around for 9 months just to see the baby die. Surely there must have been a day or two gap before the baby was buried? I would have thought after a day of no blood to brain & oxygen would have killed the baby?

I'm not convinced that it's not possible. Similar situations have occurred and doctors have had no explanation for it. I'm not trying to say it wasn't the doctors fault, just trying to explore the other side of the story before people start giving her life sentences.

Parents must be going through hell, mainly the mother who carried the baby around for 9 months just to see the baby die. Surely there must have been a day or two gap before the baby was buried? I would have thought after a day of no blood to brain & oxygen would have killed the baby?

Agreed, I don't think anything could come back to life after days. If it came back to life though it would have to be pretty quick. In some of the cases I've seen online they got the baby given back to them hours later.

Indeed if you read up about premature burials, quite often when a person is not fully dead and is actually "rescued" they go on to die a short while later of the very thing they were thought to be dead from in the first place.

Its almost a sort of over-zealousness from the doctor certifying death. From that news story it does seem that there were some unprofessional practice going on but it doesn't read to me as though a doctor effectively killed a healthy child. That child was unable to live one way or another, its just an extra layer of distress for the grieving parents.

Sad sad news...

From the article it mentioned the child died from asphyxia though.

That is often the issue with being born premature. They struggle to use their own lungs and die from asphyxia. If this little one was monitored properly from the get go the chances of survival would have been much much higher.

We had some trouble with our little one, nothing serious, and had to pop over to the intensive care ward for babies. It was heartbreaking to see all the little ones in their little incubators but most of them come through with the right care. Must be one of the hardest jobs in the world looking after sick kids.

That is often the issue with being born premature. They struggle to use their own lungs and die from asphyxia. If this little one was monitored properly from the get go the chances of survival would have been much much higher.

We had some trouble with our little one, nothing serious, and had to pop over to the intensive care ward for babies. It was heartbreaking to see all the little ones in their little incubators but most of them come through with the right care. Must be one of the hardest jobs in the world looking after sick kids.

So a premature diagnosis of death, (if death is actually diagosed) would result in the child being removed from any ICU and taken away. But then, as I said earlier, maybe that child was never going to make it. Still a bad call by the Doctor though.

There was a series on recently about a childrens ward, I can't recall which channel or the details, but it was pretty "hardcore" ie not kids with broken arms or buttons up their noses but terminally ill, or high risk patients. It seemed a terrible job for the surgeons and registrars, trying to advise the parents on how far to take treatment, balancing risk with suffering, and of course for those that weren't going to make it, there is no legal or moral way of "easing" their passing.

Aye, but it's hard enough losing your baby once so I can't imagine how it feels to lose your baby twice!

There's cases of people "coming back from the dead" though. I've seen it on telly somewhere. Basically the heart activity is so minute its almost impossible to detect them. I guess its more difficult detecting it in newborns.