The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to sell my Supra. How much is it worth? Pics included

nasoup

Is the mileage clocked back to pre-conversion stage? If it was originally stacking KM, it might be a lot less than indicated on the ODO.

I have no documents in regards to when the ODO was converted. Is there any other way of finding out whether the ODO is correct?

I would have thought in the condition its in and if it was original j-spec condition it would fetch about £16-1700 but with the uk headliights, alarm ect it would reach £2000 easy. Iv seen a couple of auto N/A's go for near £2400 but never seen a manual for anywhere near that cheap so mines got to be worth somewhere near the £2000 range even in the condition its in, surely?

I would love to keep this car but currently I have no other car to drive and the supra insurance is hardly any cheaper to insure than last year add petrol prices to that and its a struggle. I'm young and i'm lucky that I got to drive her everyday for a year!

I would have thought in the condition its in and if it was original j-spec condition it would fetch about £16-1700 but with the uk headliights, alarm ect it would reach £2000 easy. Iv seen a couple of auto N/A's go for near £2400 but never seen a manual for anywhere near that cheap so mines got to be worth somewhere near the £2000 range even in the condition its in, surely?

I would love to keep this car but currently I have no other car to drive and the supra insurance is hardly any cheaper to insure than last year add petrol prices to that and its a struggle. I'm young and i'm lucky that I got to drive her everyday for a year!

£1500 and you can keep the uk spec lights and the alarm :) i only want the chassis lol

IMHO £1500 is too cheap.

My old one sold for £1750 recently, the buyer did a little bit of work and then sold it for £3500.

I know your money is tight but fix some of the issues and its £2k easy.

as Homer says Black and Manual..... just park her up for a few weeks and get some help via trust worthy members. ;)

IMHO £1500 is too cheap.

My old one sold for £1750 recently, the buyer did a little bit of work and then sold it for £3500.

I know your money is tight but fix some of the issues and its £2k easy.

as Homer says Black and Manual..... just park her up for a few weeks and get some help via trust worthy members. ;)

your killing me

Ok i gotta ask, even thought this is totaly off topic, howcome your odo displays miles instead of km's like mine even though its converted? :blink:

The odo mph/km isn't down to the convertor, it simply counts the ticks. The bit that displays km/mph is down to a resistor setup on the odo board itself I seem to recall.

hi nasoup, i have a 1995 supra which i bought new in southern ireland, £30,750. it has covered 38,000 miles and is immaculate. it is valued at £9,000 by adrian flux insurance.

if your car runs well, is manuel, no oil leaks, as good as the photo, then you must be asking £3,500, the repairs you require are minor, but you should do them. the supras are special cars, way ahead of their time, well engineered, you can pay £3,000 for a snot box car. my brother has just spent £3,000 renovating his 94 TT. beleive me these cars are going up in value if they are good examples, look at the one on this site for sale at £17,950, a superb car for the price of a ford est car. i have just read an advert on this site for a used TT supra engine at £1,500. this gives you some perspective. good luck, don't panick. herbiemercman.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=114309&stc=1&d=1280250037

IMG_0002.jpg

Edited by herbiemercman
added more text. (see edit history)

hi nasoup, i have a 1995 supra which i bought new in southern ireland, £30,750. it has covered 38,000 miles and is immaculate. it is valued at £9,000 by adrian flux insurance.

if your car runs well, is manuel, no oil leaks, as good as the photo, then you must be asking £3,500, the repairs you require are minor, but you should do them. the supras are special cars, way ahead of their time, well engineered, you can pay £3,000 for a snot box car. my brother has just spent £3,000 renovating his 94 TT. beleive me these cars are going up in value if they are good examples, look at the one on this site for sale at £17,950, a superb car for the price of a ford est car. i have just read an advert on this site for a used TT supra engine at £1,500. this gives you some perspective. good luck, don't panick. herbiemercman.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=114309&stc=1&d=1280250037

Hi herbie. Thanks for the advise. I know these cars are very special and my one is worth alot more to me than what i'm selling it for and the car really is a s nice as in the pics, the pics were only taken weekend just gone but even with that said at £2300 it's still not selling :(