The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vinyl wrapping

caseys

What colour would you like to see this car in?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What colour would you like to see this car in?

• Black
    • White
    • British Racing Green
    • slate grey
    • Black (matte)
    • White (matte)
    • Baby Sick Green
    • Other - please state
    • Why?
    • Tuna... no crust.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be tempted to go for a camo wrap like the Titan 911....

http://site.titanmotorsports.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/cache/925__x_outside1.jpg

http://site.titanmotorsports.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/cache/926__x_outside2.jpg

You'd certainly stand out...!

Or I would go for one of the carbon texture vinyls in a very dark grey, I saw this on some of the cars at gumball and they looked great.

I would be tempted to go for a camo wrap like the Titan 911....

You'd certainly stand out...!

Or I would go for one of the carbon texture vinyls in a very dark grey, I saw this on some of the cars at gumball and they looked great.

There's a Delica in bournemouth that's got camo pattern on it, actually looks quite good, just not sure if the Supra could pull it off. I like the idea of it though. Anyone care to photoshop it?

We've got samples of carbon wrap, it's actually quite thin and you can feel the pattern on it.

Will have to try and get more samples I guess, most people seem to think a dark colour scheme would suit, guess it'd match the wing + wheels. Satin I'd agree for the shine, but I like the look a matt finish on a car gives in the night, going under streetlights make it look very different, matt cars definitely stand out more at night.

This is something that I was going to have done to the Supra as a freind of mine would of done it for eff all as its what he does for a living, however when we were going through the options I did realise that you don't get the depth of paint, although the vinyl can look very glossy you don't get reflections off it and it does look flat, he will be doing my MX5 in 2 tone though(black bottom and arches and white top)

I will produce photos when he's done it.

This is something that I was going to have done to the Supra as a freind of mine would of done it for eff all as its what he does for a living, however when we were going through the options I did realise that you don't get the depth of paint, although the vinyl can look very glossy you don't get reflections off it and it does look flat, he will be doing my MX5 in 2 tone though(black bottom and arches and white top)

I will produce photos when he's done it.

Imagine if someone came up with holographic versions that give you all the depth you needed? You could look 'into' the vinyl and see either graphics, or different colours. Could look amazing if done properly. :)

thats who i would recommend too, seen loads of there work and its top stuff

I've only seen the pics and info on the website, is it really that good ?

I had some clear vinyl on the bumper and wasn't impressed one bit as you could see where it had been cut and where it was folded round sharp corners it came unstuck quite quickly.

I think i'd go for matt black if i was to do it :blink:

what chrome gold? i see a veyron done in it on youtube and it looked the nuts

People would point and stare, you wouldn't be able to go anywhere quietly :D it does look awesome but im way too old to get away with that lol

its like that having it orange mate... dont like pointing or staring! unless my hair is done

I guess thats why i went all black with my car bar the blue hoses but at least there hidden away lol

I was thinking of changing the wheel colour and matching it on the lower front lip and on the side skirts, hmmm chrome gold :innocent::D