The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow - 2010 The club's very own track day

nevins

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beemer should be getting its braided brake lines added Thursday with new 5.1 fluid - I tried (and failed) to budge the corroded circles (I think they were once nuts) apart to do it myself!

Looking forward to it now, roll on the (damn early) alarm Saturday morning!

I've got a box of bits packed as well, gaffa tape, hammers, screwdrivers, cable ties and the like - incase any of you decide on some unplanned body modification! I'll be crawling round the track in the green beemer if you need something.

Incidently, Mr Nevins, will there be a pit type area somewhere that we can dump a box of tricks, spare wheel, fuel can, etc? Somewhere safe we can get to, that won't be in everyone's way?

There is a large pit area that we will all be in, Im sure that no one will mind keeping an eye on your belongings, also the only way to gain entry to this area will be by paid members, the track has been hired solely for us and not members of the public.

Gareth

There is a large pit area that we will all be in, Im sure that no one will mind keeping an eye on your belongings, also the only way to gain entry to this area will be by paid members, the track has been hired solely for us and not members of the public.

Gareth

Most trackdays work like this to be honest - it's a kinda trusting environment. Be aware that the area is physically open to the public and people do pop in to have a look at the cars and watch the action for a bit, so don't leave valuables lying around, but things like jacks and spare wheels are usually fine.

Gareth

Not quite true: there won't be any security stopping visitors coming in.

However, like you say if you ask somene to keep an eye on it and/or put it in/under the portacabin you should be fine. Ultimately it's your responsibility though, so don't risk leaving anything expensive unattended.

edit- doh beaten to it :)

Can't believe there are still places left.

This will be my 3rd year here with the supra club and is a fantastic day out with all the track time you could want, if you consider that at events like Japfest you have to pay £35 for about 10 mins of track time this is really good value for money.