The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily driven 1147Whp Supra - Highway pulls

alex2jz

Listen to how long the boost takes to come in and how long it lasts though, its ridiculous.

No traction, which means no road speed, equals no point IMO.

Will see what he does on the 1/4 mile etc. Looks like a completely pointless setup to me, at the moment anyway.... maybe he has plans to make it decent.

I hope we see some videos where he gets some traction, certainly has the power but if he cant get any traction its a pretty poor street car.

Agreed.

Listen to how long the boost takes to come in and how long it lasts though, its ridiculous.

No traction, which means no road speed, equals no point IMO.

Will see what he does on the 1/4 mile etc. Looks like a completely pointless setup to me, at the moment anyway.... maybe he has plans to make it decent.

Also agreed - but it's built to drag race, and also to prove that you can make 1000+ hp on a "cheap" built motor and e85. So we should see some decent strip times soon.

I totally understand the buzz you get but unless your racing this up the strip whats the point in having all that power that you can't really use on the highway. Just seems like a waste of money to me.:shock::hide:

Totally agree, was watching it and thought WHY its totally undrivable and is sooo laggy you will pull out on people, and the boost lasts a good 1 seconds :rolleyes:

As a road car thats just pointless, after it eventually gets boost it's wheelspinning and bouncing off the limiter. If it could get traction I'm sure it would be very quick, but as it is that is not what I'd call a streetable car. A car with half the power would be quicker through the gears than that is.

To be totally truethfull i dont see the point even if the car could get traction and actually use its silly hp, every time i go out in my 400 ish tt auto i think is this the day i'll be spotted by that unmarked car whilst im on the go pedal.

As i said if you go racing then fine but to spend £10000's just to use on the highway i think your bonkers as surely its only a matter of time before its goodbye liscence and possibly hello jail.

We had a small convoy on route to Japfest and were having a great drive down with myself leading, after we had turned off the M5 we had a very close call with an unmarked car on the M4, fair play to the officer in the car as he pulled off the hard shoulder in front of me and flicked on his police stop sign for a few seconds to which i thought ooooops here we go but he then turned it off and drove off up the M Way, i guess it was a polite reminder which could have been so very differant.

Are any rd tyres going to cope with that kind of power and especially its delivery, the other question that begs to be asked is how many can really say they can actually control a crazy high hp car.

Quite a lot in my opinion are just pub braggers and if they ever used the full potential of the car would be crapping themselves.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Lol - check out the tw@t in the left lane that holds his burnout too long and ends up halfway down the strip!!!!

Thats actually the correct way to do a burn out, he will then be reveresed by his crew so he launches on clean fresh tyre tracks, also he has no water left on from the bleach box;) Its also good for showing off cause you need a lot of power to keep the wheels spinning, the Pro Mod cars end up well past the 1/8 mile marker:eyebrows:

Thats actually the correct way to do a burn out, he will then be reveresed by his crew so he launches on clean fresh tyre tracks, also he has no water left on from the bleach box;) Its also good for showing off cause you need a lot of power to keep the wheels spinning, the Pro Mod cars end up well past the 1/8 mile marker:eyebrows:

:D .... didn't know that, impressive!!