The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2010 - Most competitive ever??

Jamesy

lol my wife would strongly disagree on the tight bit while i gather additional bits on a near daily basis for the build!!

Looks like a line lock kit is a must though when 1/4 mile times get serious :)

got an fcon vpro gold ecu mate, no launch control that im aware of :search:

f-con pro has a very good launch control, mine made 1.5 bar at the pod

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What RPM do you set for launch control mate?

Still playing JP but between 5300 and 6000 at the moment, having trouble keeping the boost down its either 1 bar or 1.5 which is a bit too much at the moment as being a triple plate clutch its very hard to slip so it gets sidestepped and the car bogs, I may change to a Tilton so I can slip it for the whole 60ft.

Looking forward to sussing out this launch control thing on the fcon pro - hopefully have a bit of time to get used to it before the Pod.

Dont get hung up on launch control mate, i have always done well without it, most important things are line lock and et streets for a decent time.

This.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HURST-174-5000-ROLL-CONTROL-LINE-LOC-LOCK-HILL-HOLDER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c12a08211QQitemZ120571593233QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And these on a pair of stock 17's or similar.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3743R/

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Dont get hung up on launch control mate, i have always done well without it, most important things are line lock and et streets for a decent time.

Cheers J - thats good to know as i dont know how the launch control works yet.

to be honest as its my first year i just want to go and have fun, really dont think i'll be able to compete proplerly for a while yet anyway so its all about the crack!! :)

This.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HURST-174-5000-ROLL-CONTROL-LINE-LOC-LOCK-HILL-HOLDER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c12a08211QQitemZ120571593233QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And these on a pair of stock 17's or similar.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3743R/

With an auto he will need launch to get a decent 60' time, my 60' s were 2.2 and more without launch!!! and it still ran 10's in the 130's and that was with a 67!!! Even a man is much better with launch, remember 1/10 off the 60' is 3/10 off the time;) so knock 3/10's off your 60' on weds and you would be well in the 9's:cool:

With an auto he will need launch to get a decent 60' time, my 60' s were 2.2 and more without launch!!! and it still ran 10's in the 130's and that was with a 67!!! Even a man is much better with launch, remember 1/10 off the 60' is 3/10 off the time;) so knock 3/10's off your 60' on weds and you would be well in the 9's:cool:

TDR seems to get decent 60fts without it on a auto.

But 2/10's better and he would have had a 10 sec car;)

No way I could've done 2/10's better than a 1.64 60ft - I needed more power to get the 60ft down more.

On road tyres on a crap surface (Crail) I could manage a 2.0 60ft pre hi-stall etc. on Falken FK-452 normal road tyres.

Seriously, you don't need launch control IMO - it's just a noisy distraction.

No way I could've done 2/10's better than a 1.64 60ft - I needed more power to get the 60ft down more.

On road tyres on a crap surface (Crail) I could manage a 2.0 60ft pre hi-stall etc. on Falken FK-452 normal road tyres.

Seriously, you don't need launch control IMO - it's just a noisy distraction.

I will reserve judgement until we have played a bit more, but remember your turbos were making power very low down, the bigger the turbo the more necessary launch control becomes, hence the yanks having to use launch and NOS to get decent 60' times.

Think for now i will settle for a line lock kit. And maybe if it goes pretty well on the day see if i can borrow someones proper rear wheels for a run or two!!

And re Jamesy etc he is running a big turbo (relatively) and a moderate stall converter so he would defo need launch to get under 2 secs.