The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Name badges for shows sorted

Blackie

Honestly Al, you will need to have the username and the real name on there. It is more important than MKIVSupra as far as identification goes.

I don't want to call someone by their username (unless their username is their name lol), would feel like a prat. I also wouldn't remember their real name if they told me, as I'm terrible at remembering names, so would need to get a quick reference constantly.

With the badges in question I would go with the real name bolder than the username. I would replace the "receptionist" part with the usernames.

Honestly Al, you will need to have the username and the real name on there. It is more important than MKIVSupra as far as identification goes.

I don't want to call someone by their username (unless their username is their name lol), would feel like a prat. I also wouldn't remember their real name if they told me, as I'm terrible at remembering names, so would need to get a quick reference constantly.

With the badges in question I would go with the real name bolder than the username. I would replace the "receptionist" part with the usernames.

Fair point mate BUT i would put the username on the big bit and the real name under it as people will spot members from there forum name, then say "Oh hi, You're LBM of the forum, My names Scott" and LBM wil reply with "Hi, Scott i'm Rob, Now piss off i'm waiting for Blackie":d But seriously, Username first then real imo

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

Pfft, what do you know. You don't even know how to tag a picture :p

Anyway, I would politely explain to Rob that I accidentally stood on you earlier :D

And I'd reply "Oi Scott, would you kindly refrain from standing on me too!"

Then there would be Gav left. You'd probably have stood on him as well :D

And I'd reply "Oi Scott, would you kindly refrain from standing on me too!"

Then there would be Gav left. You'd probably have stood on him as well :D

:D Dont forget i'm taller than you and Gav, not by much but i'm there. Its like the land of the giants when im around :D

:D Dont forget i'm taller than you and Gav, not by much but i'm there. Its like the land of the giants when im around :D

I think you'll find I was stooping down to make you feel better about yourself. Please don't suggest to the forum that I'm a midget. People will laugh and then send me Christmas hampers & childrens hand-me-downs or something out of pity.

People will laugh and then send me Christmas hampers & childrens hand-me-downs or something out of pity.

Dibbs on the kids hand me downs

Innerspace just popped into my head :D

lol :D

cream crackers popped into mine, weird eh?

Yes, Very :rlol:

Personally, I think something more than just a namebadge, but not something so full on (and expensive) as a jacket. Something in between. It's been said a couple of times, but I think namebadges are abit 'officey/geeky' and jackets would be perhaps too keen. Especially if they look sh*t. I reckon an arm or even wrist band would be cool, may be a T-shirt, too. Could have the site on the sleeve, the logo on the back and the username / real name on your tit/back of the neck.

:rlol: It's a great thing to do Al. Even at local meets the tension is palpable at times. I know it's been done, a good one was the number plate option. Trouble there was we had to stand by our cars'ish.

Let's get a members club badge up and running. :thumbs:

I helps me loads being away and forgetting peoples names too. :D

Visited japfest yesterday for the first time and would have been great to chat to fellow members.I eventually found the club area mid afternoon and saw plenty of nice cars but there was nobody with them.There were thousands of people at the show so had no chance of knowing who the cars belonged to.

I think a plain black t/shirt with small username on front and club on rear would be ideal.Then a username on car windscreen matches everyone to their vehicles;)

I know how you feel. My car was selected to go on the club stand. As norm for us women, had to dash to the loo, came back and everyone had gone. Spent the rest of the day with my friend wondering where everyone had gone. Was not until the end of the day that I realised where you all were, too late by then :search: Nevermind, loved the drifting and the poor public owners who crashed their cars on the circuit :Pling: