The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota UK Spec Brake Group Buy

Nic

I have negotiated a bulk order price with my supplier friend here in Hong Kong, for brand new genuine Toyota UK Spec Brakes. He has given me a very good price based on a minimum order of 10 sets of brakes (either front or rear.)

The price of the brakes are as follows:

Toyota UK Spec Front Brakes including delivery to UK - £475

Contents:

2 x 4pot Brake Calipers

2 x 323*30mm Brake Discs

Fitting Kit

Shim Kit

Toyota UK Spec Rear Brakes including delivery to UK - £490

Contents:

2 x 2pot Brake Calipers

2 x 324*30mm Brake Discs

Fitting Kit

Each of these prices represents around a £100 saving over the cheapest undelivered prices available from Toyota in the UK. So if you buy front and rears this would be a total saving of around £200.

I have purposefully not included the brake pads, as they are heavy and so work out cheaper to purchase separately in the UK (due to postage cost.) I would suggest buying a set of fast road pads, see Traders Section or contact [user=54]Chris Wilson.[/user]

The order leadtime from Japan will be around 4 weeks, it will then take another 4 weeks to UK by surface post (the brakes are very heavy so this is the cheapest delivery option available.)

I am currently looking at prices for alternative branded brake discs (Endless, Brembo, Project Mu), these I *may* be able to offer as an option in place of the standard Toyota discs. Obviously these will be at a higher price, I will post details of these as soon as I get costs.

I already have at least one member who wants to buy a set of front and rear brakes. If you want to be a part of the group buy please list your name and the brakes required below. If we do not manage to get enough orders to achieve these discounted prices, I will give members the option of either pulling out or purchasing the brakes at a slightly higher price (price will depend on total number of sets ordered.)

1. Rob Spinks (Rob, hope you don't mind me putting your name down here, please feel free to edit if necessary. BTW I'm not sure what your user name is?) - Front and Rears.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, looking at the spec, it is the same as I used to supply from the USA.

Thanks CJ, yes Keith it includes everything you will need, except teh brake pads which I mentioned in my post.

Great 4 set so far, only another 6 needed.

1. Rob Spinks (Rob, hope you don't mind me putting your name down here, please feel free to edit if necessary. BTW I'm not sure what your user name is?) - Front and Rears.

2. Terribleturner - Front and Rears please.

3. SupRo - Fronts please

Damn, I gotta' get a set of these. Too bad I've already exhausted my supra allowance for the month. Are U.K. brakes the same as what's on the U.S. cars?

Yes I believe the US and UK brakes are the same (F = 323mm/4 pot, R =324mm/2 pot)

Hi Nic,

Do the rears come with the handbrake shoes or do the jap ones fit?

Thanks

No they don't, your jap ones should fit though.

Anyone else? we only need 3 more brake orders to get the GB price.

Nic,

Count me in for the rears too:

There must be a few more peeps who want these? My local toyota dealer quoted £600 for the front brakes...after discount!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Toyo Rob - Front and Rears.

3. SupRo - Fronts and Rears please

4. Irvy - Fronts

5. MR.B - Fronts please

Hi Nic,

Any news on my list?

Please e-mail me.

Regards

SV

V, sorry, i was suppose to get the quotes today from my supplier, but they've not arrived, I'll chase up tomorrow and email you.

Anybody else? We just need a couple more.

Yup, fronts and rears please :D

Nice one :thumbs: we have enough to get the GB prices then now. I'll post an order form on this thread tomorrow, please can everyone who has put their name down complete the form and email to me at:

nicvollans at netvigator dot com

1. Toyo Rob - Front and Rears.

3. SupRo - Fronts and Rears please

4. Irvy - Fronts

5. MR.B - Fronts please

6. Scoboblio - Front and Rears

Can you also please send money at the same time to my Pay pal account which is the same email address. Hopefully we can get all these in by the end of this week and I can then place the order with my supplier. If anyone has any questions let me know :thanks:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.