The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OIL spill

jagman

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a reply to the previous post and apologies if any of this has been posted already, haven't read the entire thread and don't know how to make videos appear as a direct link yet but 'well' worth a watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-SeZmL3YA

Also, on a much more serious note, wellhead pressure according to Lyndsey William's inside source is 40k psi as measured by BP with intent to 'strategically' nuke if 'relief' wells don't work, as per Russia's similar super-deep wells - but they're on land. Total drilled depth of Gulf well approx. 25-30k feet below sea level. Topkill didn't work apparently, as it would/did rupture the rest of the pipe under the seabed, from which gas/oil is leaking also.

No air quality tests released to U.S. public as too alarming etc. but rainfall hundreds of miles inland is killing plants from Corexit 9500 dispersant, (more toxic than the oil). Hurricane season also.

3400 parts per billion Benzene initial air readings for example reported once only. 'Safe' limits, 0-4 ppb.

Basically they've hit a vent in The Motherload; the precursor gases and compounds for the 'traditional' fields of crude much nearer the surface, once formed abiotically, (without fossils, as way too deep). In other words, crude is formed from the natural effects of gravity as the earth settles and lighter molecules work their way to the surface under pressure, becoming trapped and forming hydrocarbons etc. on the way. The gases that escaped formed the atmosphere, in conjunction with some impact material. Fwiw.

I really struggle to believe its 40,000psi wellhead pressure. That's a monstrous pressure.

Max i've worked on was around 15k flowing and that was one of the biggest pressure wells in the world so 40k is definitely wrong, maybe 4k more like.

It's a monstrous leak! ;)

I could direct you to the source of my quote by PM or send you a cd with mp3's of interviews I have archived. Can be downloaded but you'd need to subscribe. Reliable source so far.....

You may be misconstruing what your hearing. Do you work in the game?

Im not having a dig i just find it hard to believe lol

PM Me mate :)

Oh, it's quite ok, I normally get told I'm talking boll@cks again! :D

I'm just quoting someone who obviously knows a lot more than me about it, as you obviously do. You just may not have access to the information he appears to have.

For all we know, the entire crust could be floating on oil and judging by the explosive force of volcanos, I have no problem believing that a 30'000 foot deep oil/gas vein could have such pressures. It's unprecedented, afterall, in that region.

I'd expect some earthquakes soon as well. By the time this stops flowing, something's gotta give.

I don't work in the oil industry, no; far too dangerous!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

IF THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANGRY...THEN NOTHING WILL !

Dammit this is going too far!!!

This shot shows the serious damage caused to the wildlife by the recent BP blowout ...

attachment.php?attachmentid=114561&stc=1&d=1280683491

I feel it is my duty right now to go down

to the coast and help clean the wildlife

with my own two hands.

Where do I sign up?

So the world can now look away,until the next spill........

The failings go unpunished, no blame,no prison...

Meanwhile the subprime fallout continues,the banking industry ( what do they produce?)tells everyone recovery is in progress, bonus culture returns,no blame,unpunished,no prison,plus ca change....