The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ryan done the business again

jevansio

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm screamer pipe

You know the worst thing abotu a screamer pipe, everytime you want to pass someone on the road & you need to open her up a bit it sounds like you're going "balls out". There's no passing people with ease anymore as if you've got a large but torquey engine, it's like you're going past @ 10k, & TBH I feel a little embarrased

LOL!

I had a go in the passenger seat for a 4th gear run by Woodsport on Sat. VERY impressive. Certainly the best it's run from my many runs in that car.

(Ryan, car is at Woodsport for breathers, all is well, sorry for hijack, Jay).

Bout time!

You know the worst thing abotu a screamer pipe, everytime you want to pass someone on the road & you need to open her up a bit it sounds like you're going "balls out". There's no passing people with ease anymore as if you've got a large but torquey engine, it's like you're going past @ 10k, & TBH I feel a little embarrased

:yeahthat:

Fot this reason, if (erm, when) I go single again, I'll never have an open screamer pipe.

I know what your saying, Im still enjoying the noise but with the window open even the slightest amount it makes my right ear bleed.

I'd never thought of that before...sounds like something off an Ali G episode. :D

Mine is loud enough when flowing through the wategate and that's with it recirculated....I don't think I could live with a screamer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd just shove this one here since I grabbed the data last week, this is the spool I'm seeing on the T67, it's making 1.4 BAR by 3.5k rpm. Two runs were done to ensure the accuracy of the data, it was a 5th gear pull on a flat road.

Anyone got any comparable T67 spool graphs? It seems to spoool pretty darn early that's all, pretty sure my old GT4088R didn't spool that early!

attachment.php?attachmentid=108542&stc=1&d=1271853684

Spool.jpg

Nice result mate :cool:

Having 1 on mine I know exactly what you mean.

I only get the sound of the screamer on WOT is this not the case with yours?

Also, would the car not need the map tweaking from pluming the screamper pipe back in to the exhaust as I thought the back pressure on the turbo would increase? And do screamers cause a slight loss of power?

Cheers

Gaz

Thought I'd just shove this one here since I grabbed the data last week, this is the spool I'm seeing on the T67, it's making 1.4 BAR by 3.5k rpm. Two runs were done to ensure the accuracy of the data, it was a 5th gear pull on a flat road.

Anyone got any comparable T67 spool graphs? It seems to spoool pretty darn early that's all, pretty sure my old GT4088R didn't spool that early!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=108542&stc=1&d=1271853684

That's a fast spool. :cool:

My BW (91-79) does not come on boost that early with the 264 cams. I tried in 6th gear ... I saw 1.2 bar at 3.7 k.

Nice result mate :cool:

Having 1 on mine I know exactly what you mean.

I only get the sound of the screamer on WOT is this not the case with yours?

Also, would the car not need the map tweaking from pluming the screamper pipe back in to the exhaust as I thought the back pressure on the turbo would increase? And do screamers cause a slight loss of power?

Cheers

Gaz

It is Gaz, but the way the boost comes on, I don't need to be at WOT to create full boost, I can have it screaming, yet be on partial throttle,

It may need a tweak (esp if it affects the boost), but as long as the EGTs, AFRs & knock readings look the same I don't think I'd get Ryan up especially

Same turbo as Ive got on mine albeit mine has T04 housings. Ill post up when Ive got the manual in

Great thanks :thumbs:

That's a fast spool. :cool:

My BW (91-79) does not come on boost that early with the 264 cams. I tried in 6th gear ... I saw 1.2 bar at 3.7 k.

It does seem fast compared to as many T67 graphs I could find on US SF, I'm only running 264 intake though, exh is jspec

It is Gaz, but the way the boost comes on, I don't need to be at WOT to create full boost, I can have it screaming, yet be on partial throttle,

It may need a tweak (esp if it affects the boost), but as long as the EGTs, AFRs & knock readings look the same I don't think I'd get Ryan up especially

Ah cool, cheers for clarifying :thumbs: