The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk most powerfull na-t

dr_jekyll

its an emb at the moment , but i do want a stand alone really . if business is good and i have the cash i want a solaris from ryan g and for him to map it . i know the emb will be a last option for higher power so an goiod ecu amd map is where i will invest most of my money.

EMB will be a big problem if you want to get over 400bhp, it has problems controlling most aftermarket injectors and can only raise/lower duty by 50% over stock. Meaning you cannot go for larger than 450cc injectors.

If you do have aims for decent power now is the time to get the ECU changed to a proper one, it's the single most important item and will guide every decision you make for the rest of the project.

In short - either stick to the EMB and keep things as they are, or change the ECU and get planning the upgrades.

There's no point making changes now, having your ECU remapped and then binning it all when a new ECU comes along.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EMB will be a big problem if you want to get over 400bhp, it has problems controlling most aftermarket injectors and can only raise/lower duty by 50% over stock. Meaning you cannot go for larger than 450cc injectors.

If you do have aims for decent power now is the time to get the ECU changed to a proper one, it's the single most important item and will guide every decision you make for the rest of the project.

In short - either stick to the EMB and keep things as they are, or change the ECU and get planning the upgrades.

There's no point making changes now, having your ECU remapped and then binning it all when a new ECU comes along.

your absolutley right .

im leaving the car as it is . i have just accuired a second 2jzge engine ( thanks to barneybrendon ) so i will build the engine full first and when i have it built with good parts and tt pistons i will contact 2 bar tuning and see what they recomend in terms of an ecu and suitable injectors.

when i have it all sorted and ready to go i will swap the engines out fit the new ecu and get it mapped . and hopefully all will be good. .

in the mean time i still have my car to use and when it comes off the road for next winter the new engine should be ready to go ( fingers crossed )

your absolutley right .

im leaving the car as it is . i have just accuired a second 2jzge engine ( thanks to barneybrendon ) so i will build the engine full first and when i have it built with good parts and tt pistons.

If your building the engine then why put in used TT pistons? Would make more sence to replace with new TT spec pistons.

i know but im looking to get a new place aswell (bloody woman) so as ever imworking on a tigh budgit ( as much money i can spend on the car without her noticeing ;) )

a good set of used pistond should be ok looking at some of the singles that have been build on a stock bottom end .

and when i get the second engine in , i will have the first engine spare to rebuld over a year or 2 so as ill be in no rush i can put some more cash aside over a period of time for that one :)

its a bit of a backwards silly way of doing things but thats pretty much me in general

ok , engine modification ? id love all new parts but not possible for me at the mo, but my current engine when removed will be rebuilt prperly with new parts over a period of time .

i will fit all new seals and gaskets along with a new waterpump oil pump and piston rings . so it should be tidy anyways .

Fair play :)

I just assumed when you said you were building it it was having all new internals thats all.

As i said before feel free to PM me bout anything you may need to know

thanks alot hopefully all should go smoothly so i shouldnt need to bother you but good to know i can :)

Well not "built" then Michael, just "put together" :D

I'd still just save up the £1200 or so and fit a TT lump and BPU it. 400bhp, with all the reliabilty and no stress/work required. I'd prefer that over a fundamentally compromised single turbo conversion that provides more or less the same power

Well that's my reasoning anyway! Best of luck with you project either way :)

Well not "built" then Michael, just "put together" :D

I'd still just save up the £1200 or so and fit a TT lump and BPU it. 400bhp, with all the reliabilty and no stress/work required. I'd prefer that over a fundamentally compromised single turbo conversion that provides more or less the same power

Well that's my reasoning anyway! Best of luck with you project either way :)

cheers. as said its more of a hands on technical exersize for me over common sence and practicalty, annyway thanks for the encouragement :)

For everything supplied fitted and mapped with eveything setup its around 2k.

But its the icing on the cake which makes the cake special!

hm ok. i might have to rethink my plan then, is there any ecu you can supply and map for around £1000-£1250 that would do a tidy job for around 450 bhp?

But its the icing on the cake which makes the cake special!

Now thats a classic sig quite if ever I saw one!!

Craig, while I really admire your pig headedness for the project, if you want big power, as stated in the thread save yourself a wad, get a GTE engine, single turbo it for the same price :)

Or go for a rev monster N/A perhaps? Throttle bodies etc?

Now thats a classic sig quite if ever I saw one!!

Craig, while I really admire your pig headedness for the project, if you want big power, as stated in the thread save yourself a wad, get a GTE engine, single turbo it for the same price :)

Or go for a rev monster N/A perhaps? Throttle bodies etc?

its not pig headedness. i just want to try different things, i have baught another ge engine for pennies and i can now learn more about the engine and attempt to strip ans re build it with little risc. i wouldnt want to strip a £1000 gte engine. mainly because i wouldnt need to.

but as i have said , its more of a technical exercize for me to learn more , than a " i want a really fast car" type of thing.

the reason i wanted to know how powerfull people could get their na-ts is so i can know realisticly what i should expect from a well built setup on my bugit

• 2 years later...

thaught i would dig this up as 2 years on alot has been done . if you read through there is alot of posting saying a 500bhp na-t would cost a billion pounds and be super unreliable. well after practical experimenting and not hear say i can state that i have and will again build a 500bhp na-t for minimal outlay.