The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car trouble please help

ClaireRZ-S

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think AFR are the UK dealer for Southbend. Price was around the £400-£500 mark dependant on the spec (the DXD range is good for 750ib/ft+).

My last car did 36k miles (1.25bar BPU and single) on one before it gave up. It did not have an easy life :D

god that expensive for me now :(

god that expensive for me now :(

Plus 3 hours labour from your chosen garage :(

If you're only sticking to BPU and don't murder the clutch a stock one should be okay, it'll save a few quid, but buying and fitting a new clutch is not cheap. Sorry!

Just hope that the flywheel is not cooked too..

I used stock on a hard driven and lively BPU with no probs at all, you may pick up a decent s/h one as many good ones are taken out and doubles/triples fitted.

Steve manley @ inchape Toyota will prob give you 20% discount on one as your a club member. If you are to remove the flywheel to fit the crank rear oil seal make sure and buy new flywheel bolts as they are TTY bolts.

Ok well its the clutch not much left in her so wont be driving it till its fixed :(. Is Spec good???

Don over here got a spec Clutch for his Supra, US made I think. Very noisey and pedal was very heavy, the bite on the clutch was either on or off , very harsh for daily driving and near impossible in traffic