The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car trouble please help

ClaireRZ-S

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nige will u have a look at it for me this evening :). I will check tomorrow but if its the clutch im gonna be very angry my rps only lasted a year

my rps only lasted a year also :( got a good deal from marty in ssi for a new carbon one though if it helps

Can you feel any judder through the clutch pedal? If you let off the pedal when it's 'slipping' do the RPM's drop back and the noise stop? If it's a slipping clutch the rpm's normally increase while the speedo remains static or slowly increases.

A grinding noise could still mean a worn clutch plate, either way I'd recommend not to drive the car hard until it's been checked out.

I'd be suprised if it's the box, if a gear or plate is shredded I can't see it being load dependant, plus it'd occur at all RPM's in that gear. Any sign of problems in other gears?

Can you feel any judder through the clutch pedal? If you let off the pedal when it's 'slipping' do the RPM's drop back and the noise stop? If it's a slipping clutch the rpm's normally increase while the speedo remains static or slowly increases.

A grinding noise could still mean a worn clutch plate, either way I'd recommend not to drive the car hard until it's been checked out.

My brother is looking at it for me tomorrow alright. No i didnt feel it now . Yep the noise stops but it only happens for a second anyway when i have my foot down. Yeah the revs go up and i dont really notice anything happening to the speed.

My brother is looking at it for me tomorrow alright. No i didnt feel it now . Yep the noise stops but it only happens for a second anyway when i have my foot down. Yeah the revs go up and i dont really notice anything happening to the speed.

I edited the post above with some more questions, but based on this it does sound very much like a worn out clutch plate

Southbend DXD IMO :) Cheap(ish), very, very proven for long term use and have a near-stock pedal feel. They are used by a great deal of the folks on here. Stock should also be okay if you are not pushing the boost to 1.2 bar daily.

Puck clutches are for drag or curcuit use, longevity is never their intended use.

Southbend DXD IMO :) Cheap(ish), very, very proven for long term use and have a near-stock pedal feel. They are used by a great deal of the folks on here. Stock should also be okay if you are not pushing the boost to 1.2 bar daily.

Puck clutches are for drag or curcuit use, longevity is never their intended use.

any idea how much and where would i get one??

any idea how much and where would i get one??

I think AFR are the UK dealer for Southbend. Price was around the £400-£500 mark dependant on the spec (the DXD range is good for 750ib/ft+).

My last car did 36k miles (1.25bar BPU and single) on one before it gave up. It did not have an easy life :D