The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fastest Standing Mile UK Supra

Lee P

Lee, Jamie, etc. do you have intermediate timing/speeds from your recent runs?

Nope, to get that information the car would have need timming equipment hooked up to it i suppose.

I felt like i maxed out in 5th in rocket time then 6th gear took forever, but i was on low boost, i need higher boost and a higher rev limit so i can hold 5th longer next time.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my honest opinion, if any want to claim to have the fastest road car they should use pump gas, no funny fuel.

I see what you are saying but that would be impossible to enforce, my map was no different but i did put some race fuel in though for my peace of mind on a flat out in 6th gear run, would have made no difference to power though.

I see what you are saying but that would be impossible to enforce, my map was no different but i did put some race fuel in though for my peace of mind on a flat out in 6th gear run, would have made no difference to power though.

I see your point JP, last thing you need is det @ 7-8000 rpm

In my honest opinion, if any want to claim to have the fastest road car they should use pump gas, no funny fuel.

My map is the same when I add the xylene the only difference is I run a bit more boost and it helps to keep things cool.

Cool Lee, as I can only get 97 oct here how much xylene do I need to get to say 100-105 oct?

Id not go near that stuff if i was you mate, every time i do it knocks me for six, one whiff and im done for, dizzy and massive headaches.

There is a new fuel additive out very soon (2 weeks i hear) that will be great for what we all need, ill let you know how it goes on mine.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Id not go near that stuff if i was you mate, every time i do it knocks me for six, one wiff and im done for, dizzy and massive headaches.

There is a new product out very soon (2 weeks i hear) that will be great for what we all need, ill let you know how it goes on mine.

Nice one JP, keep daddy posted :)

Guest G-Nasty

I've had a minute amount of success with xylene as well as thylene, but you're right, breathe the shit in and you're done for.

So how about the fastest supra in a standing mile in Europe? It would be interesting to know. :) So what's the one mile (not 1.25mile etc.) record in the UK? Maybe I missed that. In Finland the fastest supra went 197mph and it was an mk3 with the 7mgte. I'll try to find out what kind of speeds the norwegians and swedes have pushed. :)

I only managed to go 186mph on my last standing mile outing.

I'd like to know what happened to the supra in this thread ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115400

Apparently it was putting down easily over 1000bhp, it had quite a special engine direct from the states (built by titan or someone similar), and had a HUGE turbo, similar spec infact to what the US guys are running with their 200+mhp mile figures.

I'd imagine it would have done well over a mile...

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I'd like to know what happened to the supra in this thread ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115400

Apparently it was putting down easily over 1000bhp, it had quite a special engine direct from the states (built by titan or someone similar), and had a HUGE turbo, similar spec infact to what the US guys are running with their 200+mhp mile figures.

I'd imagine it would have done well over a mile...

Prob another high power paperweight:taped: A few get built that are '1000hp +++' and never see a strip, funny that and utterly pointless.[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

watch out for suprafan72 as his car has all sorts of aero build underneath for high speed runs

Enzo Ferrari I believe once said aerodynamics are for people who cannot build powerful engines, lets hope he's done it right or it may be the first supra to perform a loop the loop.:search: