The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHATBOY 8 Piston Big Brake Kit (380x32mm)

Hassan

Im out after this post. To me they are copies. probably very good copies but I will now never know. Copies to me doesnt mean bad. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. to me copies are good- you seem to take it as critiscism

But as I as I said in previous posts (and if you cant tell I was leaning towards buying these)-

"For that money bugger it i would give am a crack TBH". "

" But if you get some and find them ok PM me so I can get some"

"if you are willing to do a little R&D yourself maybe they would be ok"

and yes I did say

"that and the fact the only thing the guy has sold previously is one set of VW brakes and a heap of PS3 games "

- meaning as the second quote above states if someone gave them a GO AND SAID THEY WERE OK i WOULD BUY SOME.

you cant hold that against me I have over 1200 ebay purchases and have been burnt by new sellers before on many occasion.

once again

"If you do buy them and you dont hit the wall and they work out ok let me know.."

If you cant figure out i was very seriously looking at buy 2x sets of these for front and back well I am sorry. It was never my intention to offend you- dont take it personally as it was never intended personally.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dannewton

No problems mate, it's just a case of crossed wires. I hope you can see where I'm coming from though. I'm trying to set up a new business, and pumping my own cash into it. The last thing I want to see is people slamming my business without even sampling my products. If someone who had actually bought them slammed them I could accept that no problem. I would be greatful for the feedback and look to source my kits from another manufacturer. But when people speculate on something they have no idea about it hurts my business. I'm just trying to supply people with good quality brakes at good prices. By the way, this is not directed at you in any way, I've looked at your posts and know that you have been quite neutral if not positive on the whole. I've sold a few kits this last month so I'm sure feedback will start coming in soon, so if you keep checking the forums I'm sure people will find out the answers to these questions.

Anyway mate, take it easy and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Dan

No problems mate, it's just a case of crossed wires. I hope you can see where I'm coming from though. I'm trying to set up a new business, and pumping my own cash into it. The last thing I want to see is people slamming my business without even sampling my products. If someone who had actually bought them slammed them I could accept that no problem. I would be greatful for the feedback and look to source my kits from another manufacturer. But when people speculate on something they have no idea about it hurts my business. I'm just trying to supply people with good quality brakes at good prices. By the way, this is not directed at you in any way, I've looked at your posts and know that you have been quite neutral if not positive on the whole. I've sold a few kits this last month so I'm sure feedback will start coming in soon, so if you keep checking the forums I'm sure people will find out the answers to these questions.

Anyway mate, take it easy and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan

Please drop me some info on these brakes, I may be interested in a set.

Cheers

Ben

Guest dannewton

Hi Ben,

I think the best thing to do is to check out phatboybrakes dot com. I have all the details on there and the prices are better than I can offer on e-bay. If you have any further questions just drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to answer any queries you have. I should also say that all kits include a guarantee for 6 months on the rotors and 1 year on the calipers, so if anything should go wrong I'll replace the parts free of charge.

Cheers

Dan

As much as i'd happily do this i think to be done properly there would be a time scale involved of x amount of weeks or months to prove the longevity of the product under everyday road use and track use to boot.

I don't think you can just fit them and go do a few big stops and say yup their good bad or whatever.

Fair point.

I'd have assumed that CW would want to take these apart after a thorough test to comment on its design, material and manufacture.

Without someone like CW doing that, there is no way I would consider touching something as important as brakes with an unknown brand.

To ask us to pay full price for a kit is not exactly "sampling" the product now is it....

Anyway, best of luck with your business venture. To whomever ends up as a guinea pig, it would be beneficial to keep us posted (personal feedback can spread like wildfire on internet forums).