The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desperate Cry for Help :(

Suprash

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaaaaat lol......No mate, Im not aware that Mr_Stevo was......

Whats he picking up mate, I'll PM him now, in case he dont read shit, can you mention me to him, pweety please ;)

He's picking up an early Soarer R154 with JZ bellhousing (I had it up on driftworks for a while, and briefly on here - didn't realise you needed one :(). He said he's got a MkIII Supra box so he might have a bellhousing for that too.

He's picking up an early Soarer R154 with JZ bellhousing (I had it up on driftworks for a while, and briefly on here - didn't realise you needed one :(). He said he's got a MkIII Supra box so he might have a bellhousing for that too.

Will the Mk111 bellhousing mate the 154 to the Mkiv engine????

Ash has a 154 box here and a 2jz engine to mate it to, what is needed to do this??? All this rushing around using diff bits is doing my frigging head in.

Ash has a 154 box here and a 2jz engine to mate it to, what is needed to do this??? All this rushing around using diff bits is doing my frigging head in.

John, It depends what engine was in the mkiii, if it was the 7m then no, but if it was the 1j then yes but all we need is either a R154 to 1jz bellhousing, which should fit the 2jz as well....

Or a W58 bellhousing. This is the quicker option for us for now John because the W58 won't need anything fabricating like shifter extension or prop, and will make something happen fir Round 1, although I don't expect the W58 to last fir long so I will keep the R154 box and we can sort this at a later date ;)

which I think I might now have....Pending a phone call from stevo off driftworks

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

He needs the 1JZ bellhousing for the R154 to mate up the 2JZ (from what I ascertained)... He got a 7m bellhousing with the R154 gearbox he currently has.

John, all we need is either a R154 to 1jz bellhousing, which should fit the 2jz as well....

Or a W58 bellhousing. This is the quicker option for us for now John because the W58 won't need anything fabricating like shifter extension or prop, and will make something happen fir Round 1, although I don't expect the W58 to last fir long so I will keep the R154 box and we can sort this at a later date ;)

Craigs willing to lend you his fella

Craigs willing to lend you his fella

Take him up on this Ash, Im sure we can find another bellhousing before he needs it and this way we can drop the motor and trans in and see if we have any other clearance problems. Get that to me asap.

As Ash said, the 7M one won't fit. However Steveo is building up a Soarer with a 1JZ, which made me think he may well have one (and from the sounds of Ash's post above, he does!).

I have one sat in my garage, along with R154, prop and all the other bits :) if you can source a new one i could get mine to you? pm me if you like fella...

Steve, we can get this sorted, its just we need this now......I will get everything replaced after Round 1.....;)

Just PM'd you back but didnt realise you was offering this from your PM.......can you call me fella 07786982257 ;)

Right Steve has just saved my bacon.......top lad, he totally didnt have to do this, but he is lending me his bits for now.....

So thanks to everyone who responded and helped in this thread....

Get yourself along to one of the Rounds and I'll make sure we all have a good day ;)

Right Steve has just saved my bacon.......top lad, he totally didnt have to do this, but he is lending me his bits for now.....

So thanks to everyone who responded and helped in this thread....

Get yourself along to one of the Rounds and I'll make sure we all have a good day ;)

No worries mate... I hope you manage to get it all sorted. I will send you the link to the guide i have to installing/adapting the shifter.

See you tom. :)

So good news, prop and shifter position issues are sorted....

Steve, I have a spare bellhousing and spare prop lined up ready.......

But I have since found out that, and more obviously, the flywheel wont fit because yes its for a 7M lol, so........if anyone has a stock, NA, or TT flywheel (is there any difference), then I need to find one of these ?

So, are you giving passenger rides when at llandow then mate.

Yes mate, as soon as I get a passenger seat and second harness in there, although, this isnt a priority to make a running car, but for Round 2 yes, as the misses loves being in the car so she will be on my back to get it sorted anyway ;)

TT and N/A flywheels on the MKIV are totally different beasts.

As I suspected, well, looks like I need a NA flywheel......

Yes mate, as soon as I get a passenger seat and second harness in there, although, this isnt a priority to make a running car, but for Round 2 yes, as the misses loves being in the car so she will be on my back to get it sorted anyway ;)

As I suspected, well, looks like I need a NA flywheel......

You are aware if you run a different flywheel you won't be able to use your SB clutch....

You need the flywheel, clutch and release bearing set up that goes with the gearbox input shaft spline and bellhousing arrangement you are using, with caveats if using an after market clutch that may use a movement reversal kit. In other words you need to be sure everything will work correctly together, it can be a minefield when mixing and matching..

You are aware if you run a different flywheel you won't be able to use your SB clutch....

Good point, nearly forgot about that :D

So can I use the lightened flywheel and SB clutch I have with the 154, I didnt think that was an option ?

You need the flywheel, clutch and release bearing set up that goes with the gearbox input shaft spline and bellhousing arrangement you are using, with caveats if using an after market clutch that may use a movement reversal kit. In other words you need to be sure everything will work correctly together, it can be a minefield when mixing and matching..

As Im finding out Chris, although I may need your knowledge on the reversal of pull and push clutch mechanisms. This can be reversed cant it ?