The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desperate Cry for Help :(

Suprash

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having looked at this in great detail you now need a flywheel and clutch from an 1JZ Mk3 supra ofrsoarer manual. They are just as rare as the bell housing, but aftermarket ones are available on ebay.com or driftworks / driftmotion.

The 7mgte, 2JZ six speed, 2JZ NA wont fit as Chris says they wont work with the R154 input shaft.

Having looked at this in great detail you now need a flywheel and clutch from an 1JZ Mk3 supra ofrsoarer manual. They are just as rare as the bell housing, but aftermarket ones are available on ebay.com or driftworks / driftmotion.

The 7mgte, 2JZ six speed, 2JZ NA wont fit as Chris says they wont work with the R154 input shaft.

Can the mk3 ones be machined if needed as we have mills , lathes etc, this might be easier than trying to source the correct rare parts????

Can the mk3 ones be machined if needed as we have mills , lathes etc, this might be easier than trying to source the correct rare parts????

Sits back with crossed fingers ?

Thanks John ;) I have just tried to reach my parts guy in regards to the flywheel as I thought I just needed a NA manual flywheel........which from Daves post I dont.........

I need a R154 > 1j flywheel..........:(

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)

My understanding is the PCD of the crank bolts are wrong with the mk3 one you have so you would have to machine a new set of bolt holes. Which in my opinion especially in a drift car would make the centre of the flywheel too weak and at risk of exploding.

You might be able to get the NA clutch to work by using the NA pressure plate with a clutch plate from a 1JZ soarer in order to get the correct spline pattern on the plate.

If you have the lots of time and the machinery I would buy a clutch pack, i.e clutch plate and pressure plate for 1JZ manual, then red drill your NA flywheel (assuming the clutch contact patch area is the same).

This is what you ideally need:-

Flywheel

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/driftworks-1jzgte-lightweight-chromoly-flywheel.html

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1JZ-GTE-Light-Weight-Flywheel-Toyota-Soarer-Chaser_W0QQitemZ190343555080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2c515c2808

Clutch kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-STAGE-3-RACE-CLUTCH-KIT-SUPRA-SOARER-CHASER-1JZ-GTE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem51918fe7a8QQitemZ350334478248QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This list of partnumbers and prices may also help from Toyota approx 2 years ago, unfortunately I wasn't looking for a standard flywheel at the time. I came to the conclusion in the end after finding 75% of the bits that it was actually cheaper and easier to buy a 6 speed.

Bellhousing 31111-14110 £300 (based on buying new from Toyota with 15% discount)

Driftmotion actually works out more expensive with the current exhange rate and shipping

Light weight flywheel as I can’t find a stock one to buy £300 DW

Clutch DW Spec 3 (As tried by Bon/James) £400

Slave cylinder 31470-14050 61.09 (Again try finding a used one)

Flywheel bolts 90910-02103 8 off £54.56

Clutch release bearing 90363-45012 or 31231-14040 £21.85

Then to correct the shifter position

Shifter Fork 31204-14031 51.86

Shifter housing 33521-24040 19.52

Control lever 33570-24010 76.14

Guest 2eagles-2008

A couple of useful names spring to mind Doncaster Motor Spares 013022365422 ,Eva Bros Scunthorpe and jap auto salvage sheffield (back of the arena.Sorry cant give more info on them than that but have lost their phone numbers.They have helped me in the past ,best of luck.Steve

A couple of useful names spring to mind Doncaster Motor Spares 013022365422 ,Eva Bros S$#@!horpe and jap auto salvage sheffield (back of the arena.Sorry cant give more info on them than that but have lost their phone numbers.They have helped me in the past ,best of luck.Steve

Thanks Steve, all usefull numbers ;)