The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a name for my new male white ragdoll persian kitten

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ragdoll the name of the Breeder? If so, what's the Kitten's given show name as per GCCF registration?

My Mum bred Persians for years so I grew up around them and the Showing etc. Pet names were usually based on the registered show name - Gaelianbr Snowpearl became Snowy for example. Other colour related names for whites:

Frosty

Freezy

Polo

Cokey :D

Milky

I'd tend to go with a name ending in the 'y' sound as it's easier when you're calling them and they're more likely to respond and realise their name.

With a long haired Persian you really gotta keep on top of the grooming - use a wide toothed steel comb with the closer teeth at one end for working any knots out. The eyes will need doing every other day too in order to stop their face becoming stained with brown gunk - pick any crusty stuff off with your nail then wipe with a tissue or facecloth. To get rid of any staining then use boric acid powder on the end of a cotton ear bud and rub it into the fur at their gutters (eye your working on closed obviously). If you've left it a while and the eyes are really bad clean the gunk off as above then use a facecloth with some water mixed with very mild shampoo to rub into the fur to clean it, then use boric acid powder once dry.

For the ultimate cute little furball kitten, groom as above to get the coat nice and knot free then use a 'flicker' brush and Imperial Leather talcum powder worked into the coat...

Cheers,

Brian.