The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please Check Your Tyre Pressure Guys!!!!

Geo

couldnt agree more, i had 4 new tyres fitted 2 months ago jumped in the car following weekend felt a bit sloppy so pulled into garage probably 400 yards away rear n/s was at 8psi £220 for a new tyre, after less than 30 miles because it wasnt sealed properly and had split, still got a dispute going with bridgstone grrrrrr

This is where the tyresure monitors really come into there own, all four pressures and temps right in front of you every time you use the car.

I have mine at 36psi front and 34psi rear cold.

something worth looking into, 1st high performace car ive owned so had 32 all round, think i might need to adjust it a bit

I run 36 all round , for comfort, grip, tyre wear, fuel consumption I find it a good all rounder; Goodyear and Toyota also recommended 36psi all round after a quick call

TRD Bilstein Shocks & TRD Lowering Springs

245 Front 19" Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3;

275 Rear 19" Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3

Depending on the Tyre Temps I find the PSI flucuates by 1 -2 PSI (I use a digital guage, in the same texaco garage every 2 weeks; Dont have any issues with people dropping the mechanical guage and affecting the calibration setting) ; Just goes to show the nightmare an F1 team or any racing team must have if I can see it on my road car

They fluctuate a lot more than 1 or 2 psi :)

Taught they might :)

I just checked mine yesterday to find they were at 37psi on the rears after a motorway spin; never really seen them deviate for 1-2 psi but then again I check them after the same spin home from work on the motorway in the same garge , so very similar conditions each time