The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Service

foggy147

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is the list of what im about to order from opie oils, the only thing i need to order is the air filter element from whizbitz. All the other oils I already have got sorted now so can you please just confirm that I have the correct and best ones to use on the car:

FUEL FILTER:

UFI petrol filter for injection engines 31.579.00-single £23.88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silkolene PRO S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Oil For High Performance Engines-5 Litres £44.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OIL FILTER:

UFI spin-on oil filter 23.253.00-single £4.23

Motul INUGEL OPTIMAL Ready to use cooling liquid Anti-corrosion and anti freeze-5 Litres

cheers martin , here is the list of what im gonna order then just to be sure:

FUEL FILTER:

UFI petrol filter for injection engines 31.579.00-single £23.88

Motul INUGEL OPTIMAL Ready to use cooling liquid Anti-corrosion and anti freeze-5 Litres £19.35

motul 8100 5w 30 and ufi oil filter

blitz

SUS Power LM replacement air filter elements

What are they doing for £500 ? are they supplying all the parts and fluids ?

They will be supplying all parts.

Autobox fluid change,

brake fluid

oil/ filter

air filter

spark plugs, platinum tipped?

the ht leads (at my request)

and what ever else is done on a big service, I had the brakes replaced last year, and the cambelt was done 2 years ago. I have only covered 1500 ish mile since then.

They will be supplying all parts.

Autobox fluid change,

brake fluid

oil/ filter

air filter

spark plugs, platinum tipped?

the ht leads (at my request)

and what ever else is done on a big service, I had the brakes replaced last year, and the cambelt was done 2 years ago. I have only covered 1500 ish mile since then.

Brake fluid approx ..............£20

O/E Oil filter .......................£8.50

10 Litres of 10/40 semi syn ..£30

O/E Spark plugs .................£40 if your only fitting platinum then their much cheaper £15 for 6 or less

O/E Plug Leads .................£107

I dont know how much autobox fluid is or the airfilter but you'll be around £250 total in fluids and parts so unless the garage is doing other stuff then their too expensive in my opinion

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Brake fluid approx ..............£20

O/E Oil filter .......................£8.50

10 Litres of 10/40 semi syn ..£30

O/E Spark plugs .................£40 if your only fitting platinum then their much cheaper £15 for 6 or less

O/E Plug Leads .................£107

I dont know how much autobox fluid is or the airfilter but you'll be around £250 total in fluids and parts so unless the garage is doing other stuff then their too expensive in my opinion

Thanks for the info, It would seem they are expensive then. It's a shame as the garage I used to use have gone, they did a good job for a good price and I knew they would do what was asked.

Edited by Aero-M (see edit history)

What is the coolant like in your expansion tank? if it's a nice and clear red/blue then i'd be tempted to delay the coolant change.

It should be just red :) as in coolred if its genuine Toyota coolant, dont let Toyota sell you cool pink even if they say its the same because it isnt and is twice as much as coolred.

That sounds like coolred and if it looks nice and clear then i wouldnt change it, 5 litres is around £16 from Toyota

if i did change it would 5 litres be enough on an NA?it says 9litre capacity on the link neil posted. Ive already bought some motul stuff which is red and that was £20 but is good stuff apparently. If it does only need 5 litres I suppose i may as well do it or just save it for when it definately needs to be changed because at the moment its definately red and clear

if i did change it would 5 litres be enough on an NA?it says 9litre capacity on the link neil posted. Ive already bought some motul stuff which is red and that was £20 but is good stuff apparently. If it does only need 5 litres I suppose i may as well do it or just save it for when it definately needs to be changed because at the moment its definately red and clear

9litres if empty so 5 wont be enough ;):D