The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Service

foggy147

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea :) if its nice and clear though and only done 3k ago it wont need doing so i'd leave it a while to be honest

Will have a good look in the morning when I can see and check the condition of the fluid to make sure. If it is nice and clear I will leave it. Thanks for the help

Right final question, I noticed I need toyota type iv automatic fluid, only thing is im struggling to find a website that stock it so just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction so I can get it ordered. Also just ordered some good poorboys cleaning products, the supra is getting spoilt!!

Just been looking through some threads re the autobox fluid, but people are using different things so not quite sure which is going to be the best one to go for. I think whizbitz recommended motul dextron iii?

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=41&category_id=2255&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Edited by foggy147 (see edit history)

No pal was just wanting to get it ordered online so it's all out of the way thats all. Would I need a fuel sump plug/washer also?the fuel filter ive recived does come with 2 washers

Do you mean oil filter?

You will need a sump plug washer and maybe one forf the gearbox but dont quote me on that, the washers are around 80p from toyota.

As for the autobox oil have you had a look what opie oils say?

Edit to say, if thats what whifbitz say then go for it, they know whatg there on about and delivery is quick.

Do you mean oil filter?

You will need a sump plug washer and maybe one forf the gearbox but dont quote me on that, the washers are around 80p from toyota.

As for the autobox oil have you had a look what opie oils say?

Edit to say, if thats what whifbitz say then go for it, they know whatg there on about and delivery is quick.

I think I shall go for that then, as im sure they wouldnt recommend anything thats no good.

Looks like I already have 2 sump washers that came with the fuel filter.

Looks like im all set now then finally, i know its been hard work so thanks for everyones advice and help, as like I say first time to service it in my ownership and just want all the parts to be correct!

Well that took some time to make a list :D

Should just do what i do, contact someone like paul whiffin, tell him what you want and buy it.

Have you gone for a new dizzy and coil wire?

Got the coil wire but not the dizzy, where would you recommend buying that?and how much are they?

the list is never gonna end haha

ps:also what do the dizza and coil wire do? i know im sounding like a total noob, but gotta learn somewhere lol

The best thing to do would be to call Steve Manley to get the best price you can buy o/e parts for from Toyota then try the traders on here.

A distibutor cap commonly known as a dizzy cap from toyota is

£23.62 retail

If your changing this then change the rotor arm as well

£7.65 retail

A set of leads is £126 retail

The rotor arm sends the spark to each spark plug via the spark plug leads as it rotates inside the dizzy cap, the power for this is fed to the dizzy cap via a coil lead from a coil.

Are you doing your own service or taking it to a garage ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Im thinking I may as well change my brake pads as well, seen these and just wanna check that they will fit the j spec brakes. Are the fronts 2 pot for the jspec?

The rears

http://www.japanesecarimports.net/parts_info.asp?id=675&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1563&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

The fronts:

http://www.japanesecarimports.net/parts_info.asp?id=674&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1563&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=

• 2 weeks later...

Well the car has finally been fully serviced with the parts mentioned above. Has been fun learning a bit about the car and how to keep up with general maintenance etc.

Car feels much smoother and even though only being an N/A feels like the power is a bit more instant.

Thanks again martin for answering what probably seemed like daft questions and actually getting the questions right even though you was probably pissed haha :p